Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official March 2010 NPD Thread (Data for 5 weeks ending Apr 3 2010)

When will you people understand? VGC tracks sales in AMERICAS not just the united states. So VGC figures should be more than NPD. Plus, VGC did NOT overtrack FFXIII XBox 360, it's just that NPD doesn't include bundles.

Yes, VGC undertracked MLB 10 The Show and God of War III.



Around the Network
Cross-X said:
leo-j said:
Actually wada can do watever the hell he wants

Duh but if he knows how valuable Nomura is to Square, then he knows not to mess with Nomura.

 like Activision doesn't mess with Infinity Ward?



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

thelifatree said:
Soriku said:
thelifatree said:
Carl2291 said:
thelifatree said:
Sony Published FF7. I doubt Square-Enix Wants Sony Publishing. Because they get less money.

I'm not entering your argument though.

FF7 ended up becoming the best selling Final Fantasy ever.

Infact, i'm pretty sure it's the best selling RPG on home consoles full stop.

But seeing how money hungry SE seem to be this gen... I can see your point.

Like I mean I'm sure, if Sony Publishing it, meant selling as much as as FF7 did. Square-Enix would let sony publish it as they'd get more money.

Although, there are many reason 7 could have sold well

-First in 3d

-Tetsuya Nomura :P (aren't his Edit: Character Designed FF the best selling FF's)

-Yuffie. :P had to put that there <----

-Something more complicated that I can't think of because I am not all knowing


$100 mil dollar ad campaign.

uh, what?


FF VII got a $100 mil dollar ad campaign.




Soriku said:
thelifatree said:
Soriku said:
thelifatree said:
Carl2291 said:
thelifatree said:
Sony Published FF7. I doubt Square-Enix Wants Sony Publishing. Because they get less money.

I'm not entering your argument though.

FF7 ended up becoming the best selling Final Fantasy ever.

Infact, i'm pretty sure it's the best selling RPG on home consoles full stop.

But seeing how money hungry SE seem to be this gen... I can see your point.

Like I mean I'm sure, if Sony Publishing it, meant selling as much as as FF7 did. Square-Enix would let sony publish it as they'd get more money.

Although, there are many reason 7 could have sold well

-First in 3d

-Tetsuya Nomura :P (aren't his Edit: Character Designed FF the best selling FF's)

-Yuffie. :P had to put that there <----

-Something more complicated that I can't think of because I am not all knowing


$100 mil dollar ad campaign.

uh, what?


FF VII got a $100 mil dollar ad campaign.

Well it was the Spearpoint of a 100 million dollar add campaign, wasn't EXACTLY the same.  Still, has to be one of the biggest add campaigns for a game out there when you count the spending just on it.

And by providing it, They got to publish FF7, FF Tactics, Bushido Blade... and a 4th game I can't remember.  Really all and all probably not a bad deal.



makingmusic476 said:

Another funny note:

FFXIII PS3 - 828.8k
BC2 360 - 825.5k

FFXIII 360 - 493.9
BC2 PS3 - 451.2

Definitely drives home the point of what type of gamer owns each console in North America.

the ratio of consoles sold in that region is what makes this really interesting, i wonder how these sales look if the console ration was 1:1



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

VGC data is so solid. I am very impressed.



After seeing how much FF:XIII sold on each console, do you think Versus will go multiplatform?



Zipper said:
After seeing how much FF:XIII sold on each console, do you think Versus will go multiplatform?

yes, i think it's more likely that it will go multiplat than stay exclusive. 



I still don't get the whole PS3 shortages thing. It ain't like the system is doing Wii like numbers. Wth is up with that?



Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:


If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

makingmusic476 said:

Another funny note:

FFXIII PS3 - 828.8k
BC2 360 - 825.5k

FFXIII 360 - 493.9
BC2 PS3 - 451.2

Definitely drives home the point of what type of gamer owns each console in North America.

lol how telling. 



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey