By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official March 2010 NPD Thread (Data for 5 weeks ending Apr 3 2010)

Versus XIII is developed by Tetsuya Nomura. Wada isn't gonna force Nomura to make it go multiplat.

Around the Network

Actually wada can do watever the hell he wants

mM
thelifatree said:
Sony Published FF7. I doubt Square-Enix Wants Sony Publishing. Because they get less money.

I'm not entering your argument though.

FF7 ended up becoming the best selling Final Fantasy ever.

Infact, i'm pretty sure it's the best selling RPG on home consoles full stop.

But seeing how money hungry SE seem to be this gen... I can see your point.

leo-j said:
Actually wada can do watever the hell he wants

Duh but if he knows how valuable Nomura is to Square, then he knows not to mess with Nomura.

psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:
Let's kick it old school, shall we fellas?

360 didn't really beat PS3, it was a statistical tie!

Even with the shortage, the PS3 still tie the 360 in their home turf.

I do enjoy watching people, proving statistical ties, and than ignoring it later when it does not support their beloved console. Yeah, even though Sony did screwed up, they didn't do as badly, as some people are trying to prove here. At least Nintendo got their act together, and that's nice. Microsoft did ok, tie with sony.:) Also had ok sales.

Around the Network

So it looks like we were low on FFXIII PS3 and high on FFXIII 360 compared to NPD. We had it at 1.34:1 in favor of ps3, while NPD has it at 1.68:1, a ratio that fits better with both our pre-order numbers and the number of units we've moved at my store.

Our figures:

ps3 - 769.3
360 - 574.6

NPD's figures:

ps3 - 828.2
360 - 493.9

Very disappointed, I had hope Red Steel 2 did well. They actually deserved that one.

darconi said:
Very disappointed, I had hope Red Steel 2 did well. They actually deserved that one.

You expected Red Steele 2 to be in the top 10?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Red Steel 2 had something like 10 days of availability in the period. I doubt its even in the top twenty even if they had it doing 100k or so week one. NPD probably has the following games at 11-20 and over 150k:

MW 2 - X360 (actually, I saw Pachter say somewhere MW2 is around 395k for PS360 this month)

MW 2 - PS3

NSMB DS or MKWii - (DS)

MLB 2k10 - X360 or PS3

Just Dance - Wii

Wii Sports Resort - Wii

A random 3rd party game for DS

Wii Play or MK Wii - Wii

Zhu Zhu Pets - DS

one other PS3 or 360 game

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Red Steel 2 had something like 10 days of availability in the period. I doubt its even in the top twenty even if they had it doing 100k or so week one. NPD probably has the following games at 11-20 and over 150k:

MW 2 - X360 (actually, I saw Pachter say somewhere MW2 is around 395k for PS360 this month)

MW 2 - PS3

NSMB DS or MKWii - (DS)

MLB 2k10 - X360 or PS3

Just Dance - Wii

Wii Sports Resort - Wii

A random 3rd party game for DS

Wii Play or MK Wii - Wii

Zhu Zhu Pets - DS

one other PS3 or 360 game

Just Cause 2, I really think GOW collection is there, and maybe Bioshock 2.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)