By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are ps3 exclusives sellig so badly compared to xbox360?

Wagram said:
I think Sonys biggest problem was the idea that they wanted the PS3 to be this "media center." So people are buying it for other purposes such as a Blu-Ray player or other purposes. With a PS4 they should go back to being a core gaming machine only.

That is what I have been saying since the start of this Gen The PlayStation and the PlayStation 2 were Hardcore Game Machines that could do some other things. The PS could play CD's and the PS2 was a ok DVD Player but the PS3 seems to have been developed as a BLU-RAY Player that can play games this has a lot to do with initial Price of US$600 for the original PS3 back in 2006 if they had made it a hardcore games machine first and foremost by cutting out the card-reader and touch sensitive buttons some other on gaming staff  it could have been a max of US$500 at launch. Yes SONY dose need to make the PS4 a Hardcore Games machine before anything else.     

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Zedex said:

Looking at the top sellers from ps3 and comparing it with xbox 360 it is clear that ps3 exclusives DO NOT sell that well (compared to xbox exclusives) Here are a few examples:

Uncharted-3.10                                                                                       Gears of war- 6.04mil

Uncharted2-3.13                                                                                     Gears of war 2- 5.66 mil

Killzone2- 2.25                                                                                         Halo 3- 10.93 mil

Resistance-3.68

Resistance 2- 1.85

Halo 3 sold more than Killzone 2, Resistance and Resistance2 put together!!! Why is this? 

just because the excluives don't sell AS well does not equate to them not selling THAT well or BADLY.  Sony exclusives still sell well and don't sell badly by any means.  that is what your post and title say and mean, and both are wrong. 

Zedex said:

Looking at the top sellers from ps3 and comparing it with xbox 360 it is clear that ps3 exclusives DO NOT sell that well (compared to xbox exclusives) Here are a few examples:

Uncharted-3.10                                                                                       Gears of war- 6.04mil

Uncharted2-3.13                                                                                     Gears of war 2- 5.66 mil

Killzone2- 2.25                                                                                         Halo 3- 10.93 mil

Resistance-3.68

Resistance 2- 1.85

Halo 3 sold more than Killzone 2, Resistance and Resistance2 put together!!! Why is this? 

this is the kind of facts im talking about. (controversiall) but well done. i would say the fan base is more dedicated to multiplatfomr games. you forgot L.B.P 3.06m.

Zedex said:

comparing it with xbox 360 it is clear that ps3 exclusives DO NOT sell that well (compared to xbox exclusives) Here are a few examples:

Resistance-3.68

Resistance 2- 1.85

he said compared to xbox exclusives. and he's right!!

sony doesnt advertise its games in the same way m$ does and the sales prove that point.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:

I bet you put lipstick on your Xbox 360 and take it to bed. Only now you're jealous that maybe 360 likes me more than you!

Just because Yana likes you more doesn't mean that 360 does!

Tim likes me more as well.

LIES

Tim likes Yana more than both of us, but he let me touch his 360. I bet you haven't touched his 360, only his filthy PS3 slim.

Thats not true. Tim is with me, hes not with you. You're just making things up because you're jealous and that Yana crawled her skanky butt back to you begging for forgiveness. I have Tim and the Universe to Universe missile. What do you have?!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:

I bet you put lipstick on your Xbox 360 and take it to bed. Only now you're jealous that maybe 360 likes me more than you!

LIES

Tim likes Yana more than both of us, but he let me touch his 360. I bet you haven't touched his 360, only his filthy PS3 slim.

Thats not true. Tim is with me, hes not with you. You're just making things up because you're jealous and that Yana crawled her skanky butt back to you begging for forgiveness. I have Tim and the Universe to Universe missile. What do you have?!

what is this? days of our lives. or terms of endearment. lol

Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:

LIES

Yana...Yana isn't with you? Then she must be with Makingmusic!

That traitorous swine! Let's go give him RROD.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:

Yana...Yana isn't with you? Then she must be with Makingmusic!

That traitorous swine! Let's go give him RROD.

She always said she liked musicians. But I guess we neglected to mention that Makingmusic couldn't actually play, he just played Nightwish in the back ground and pretended to play. Hes worse than a Guitar Hero addict, at least a Guitar Hero addict plays with an obviously fake plastic guitar.

So lets go give him RROD and expose him for the fake he actually is by turning off his Nightwish album.

Tease.

sbvgc2012 said:
Zedex said:

Resistance-3.68

Resistance 2- 1.85

MGS4:4.68

Resistance:3.68

GT5P:3.67

MS:3.52

LBP:3.21

Uncharted 2:3.13

Uncharted:3.10

Killzone 2:2.25

Resistance 2:1.85

GOW 3:1.81

Infamous:1.46

Heavenly Sword:1.42

Heavy Rain:1.12

SOCOM:1.00

MSPR:0.90

GOW1+2:0.89

Valkryia Chronicles:0.88

Mag:0.75

DS:0.74

Yakuza 3:0.71

WKC:0.56

Yakuza 4:0.49

40.93,Just too much great exclusives to buy,IMO,they separates sales.

1,Put PS3 exclusives sales together,then they are not "SO BADLY" any more,'cause PS3 has got more great exclusives,that separates sales,IMO.

2,One year selling advantage that Microsoft sacrificed quality for gained a lot for XBOX360,selling something without competitor for a whole year is really "BIG".

3,I still think SONY should release PS3 when it's on substandard status like Microsoft to gain the opportunity to sell HD console first.

dito