By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are ps3 exclusives sellig so badly compared to xbox360?

Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:

Tim likes Yana more than both of us, but he let me touch his 360. I bet you haven't touched his 360, only his filthy PS3 slim.

Thats not true. Tim is with me, hes not with you. You're just making things up because you're jealous and that Yana crawled her skanky butt back to you begging for forgiveness. I have Tim and the Universe to Universe missile. What do you have?!

Yana...Yana isn't with you? Then she must be with Makingmusic!

That traitorous swine! Let's go give him RROD.

She always said she liked musicians. But I guess we neglected to mention that Makingmusic couldn't actually play, he just played Nightwish in the back ground and pretended to play. Hes worse than a Guitar Hero addict, at least a Guitar Hero addict plays with an obviously fake plastic guitar.

So lets go give him RROD and expose him for the fake he actually is by turning off his Nightwish album.

Yeah! And then beat him at Killzone 2, blindfolded, with one arm.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:

Tim likes Yana more than both of us, but he let me touch his 360. I bet you haven't touched his 360, only his filthy PS3 slim.

Thats not true. Tim is with me, hes not with you. You're just making things up because you're jealous and that Yana crawled her skanky butt back to you begging for forgiveness. I have Tim and the Universe to Universe missile. What do you have?!

Yana...Yana isn't with you? Then she must be with Makingmusic!

That traitorous swine! Let's go give him RROD.

She always said she liked musicians. But I guess we neglected to mention that Makingmusic couldn't actually play, he just played Nightwish in the back ground and pretended to play. Hes worse than a Guitar Hero addict, at least a Guitar Hero addict plays with an obviously fake plastic guitar.

So lets go give him RROD and expose him for the fake he actually is by turning off his Nightwish album.

Yeah! And then beat him at Killzone 2, blindfolded, with one arm.

Whilst having our ball hair tweesed out by a pair of deranged blind crackhead strippers.

Tease.

Well in my personal opinion those games sell worse due to their nature - FPS style, it is a common knowledge that the US tend to like shoot 'em ups, closely followed by us, the Europeans. Japanese on the other hand, hate them - or most of them do anyway. If you look at the sales of the common JRPG - Final Fantasy XIII you will see that on the release week the Japanese alone have brought over 1.5M copies in the first week, whereas America and Europe matched about a third of that, each.

Comparing that to the infamous monster on PS3 - MGS4, MGS4 has scored 1.7M in the first week, 480K of which were in Japan, after that the sales have begun to deteriorate as is the case with most games, considering that the Japanese had created the same boost, the sales would have been borderline 3M on the first week(2.8-2.9) giving it a good boost and possibly putting it ahead of the Gears 1 or even Gears 2 given time and Japan adaptation.

Same could be said with many other games that are exclusive to PS3, most tend to be FPS which only mainly sell to Europe and US whereas the JRPG/RPGs tend to sell well in Japan, so technically.. Combining both of them together to make a hybrid FPS/JRPG would be a good thing right? Wrong, Resonance of Fate has failed in that aspect.

There are two different markets in PS3 industry, and it is impossible to touch both to achieve the maximum sales for the software. However if those exclusives that you have listed would have been launched worldwide on all platforms, including 360 I would be willing to bet that the sales on 360 would be at least equal or higher than the ones on PS3, simply because FPS is a bigger market for the 360.

Conclusion: You can't get the much needed sales boost from the Japanese if you want to keep the others satisfied, attempting to keep both parties satisfied will just result in a massive flop.

As someone has mentioned racing on the other hand.. Seems like an aspect that will interest both and will probably rival the Halo franchise, although the Halo franchise now stands at around 28M sales worldwide including all of the Halos on consoles.

Once the sales for SC:Conviction are out,
I MIGHT be willing to bet that I will eat my hat(I will purchase one for such occasion)if the sales of MGS:Rising are higher on PS3 than on 360.

P.S Above are my opinions and speculations

The history is written by the Victors.

GT5 will likely pass or get halo numbers, and god of war 3 will slow get to gears.

and ps3 userbase it's more diverse, they don't alll like shooters.

JRPGS sell better on the ps3

Yeah because more Japanese own the PS3. 360 only has some 1M units in Japan considering Sony has 5 or even more times that it is not surprising the JRPG would sell a lot better. 360 fan base is diverse too, although everyone seems to like FPS there are many who like other type of games while loving the good ol' shoot 'em up - RPGs, adventures etc.

The history is written by the Victors.

Around the Network
Stanislav.Ten said:

Well in my personal opinion those games sell worse due to their nature - FPS style, it is a common knowledge that the US tend to like shoot 'em ups, closely followed by us, the Europeans. Japanese on the other hand, hate them - or most of them do anyway. If you look at the sales of the common JRPG - Final Fantasy XIII you will see that on the release week the Japanese alone have brought over 1.5M copies in the first week, whereas America and Europe matched about a third of that, each.

Comparing that to the infamous monster on PS3 - MGS4, MGS4 has scored 1.7M in the first week, 480K of which were in Japan, after that the sales have begun to deteriorate as is the case with most games, considering that the Japanese had created the same boost, the sales would have been borderline 3M on the first week(2.8-2.9) giving it a good boost and possibly putting it ahead of the Gears 1 or even Gears 2 given time and Japan adaptation.

Same could be said with many other games that are exclusive to PS3, most tend to be FPS which only mainly sell to Europe and US whereas the JRPG/RPGs tend to sell well in Japan, so technically.. Combining both of them together to make a hybrid FPS/JRPG would be a good thing right? Wrong, Resonance of Fate has failed in that aspect.

There are two different markets in PS3 industry, and it is impossible to touch both to achieve the maximum sales for the software. However if those exclusives that you have listed would have been launched worldwide on all platforms, including 360 I would be willing to bet that the sales on 360 would be at least equal or higher than the ones on PS3, simply because FPS is a bigger market for the 360.

Conclusion: You can't get the much needed sales boost from the Japanese if you want to keep the others satisfied, attempting to keep both parties satisfied will just result in a massive flop.

As someone has mentioned racing on the other hand.. Seems like an aspect that will interest both and will probably rival the Halo franchise, although the Halo franchise now stands at around 28M sales worldwide including all of the Halos on consoles.

Once the sales for SC:Conviction are out,
I MIGHT be willing to bet that I will eat my hat(I will purchase one for such occasion)if the sales of MGS:Rising are higher on PS3 than on 360.

P.S Above are my opinions and speculations

(P.S Above are my opinions and speculations) duly noted. but i agree.

cgi guality: "I've said it before, I'll say it again, Gran Turismo cancels out Halo, which just leaves Gears. Gears is the kicker for Microsoft this gen, and that deserves credit. Otherwise, their exlusives sell on par with each other."

I believe this says the GT IP completely negates the influence Halo has had on sales trends this gen? I replied indirectly which seemed more polite that; The total Halo 'hd' (meaning this gen) sales would be 30 million. This referred to Reach, ODST, Wars and Halo 3 of course. Is that the part that you say is just opinion? I stand by that and barring the 7 or 8 m 'flop' so many here at vgc want from Reach it will come true.

One GT title might do a third of that and Sony are unlikely to get another one out this gen. Past performance is an important indicator to me. Sorry, I should have spelled all that out but the inferences seemed fairly obvious. The 3 published titles mentioned were at 17.5m two weeks ago and ODST had moved up to no. 29 ww at 33k+.

The last paragraph besides an attempt at humour was a quick look at some 360 wrpg sales compared to the top sellers on PS3. If 3 would rank top 20 then obviously (to me at least) the 'shooterbox' claim would be called into question or partially disproven? Or perhaps not. Thank you for your constructive criticism oh exalted chartz god and I will endeavor to be less obscure.

xbox 360 is a beast. that's about it.

ps3 users are watching movies on that thing. for real, for real.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

d21lewis said:
360 has higher attach rate

This. Better exclusives too, IMO.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

shinyuhadouken said:
xbox 360 is a beast. that's about it.

ps3 users are watching movies on that thing. for real, for real.

Ps3 users with a smaller install base are buying more software than 360 for a while now, for real. Wheres the beast?