By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buy a Sony 3DTV in june and get free 3D games

oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
what's the big deal? 3d is nothing to get excited about.

It's not? Haven't you seen Avatar 3-D?

3-D rules, man. Rules.

I want to watch a movie for the story and action,not for some stupid gimmick. Yes I think 3-D is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

And besides, we haven't seen what it can really do for gaming yet, but having real depth perception in a game sounds pretty awesome to me

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:

3-D rules, man. Rules.

I want to watch a movie for the story and action,not for some stupid gimmick. Yes I think 3-D is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

And besides, we haven't seen what it can really do for gaming yet, but having real depth perception in a game sounds pretty awesome to me

unless I can jump into the T.V. and be in the game,are the movie,3D is really all hype. That's just my personal opinion. If you like 3D and that's your thing,then more power to you. good day sir. lol

Hmm, interesting.

Does anyone know how much a 42" 1080p 3DTV would be in the UK, since I can't be bothered looking right now, but if they fall in the price range of £1000-2000, I'll maybe fork out for one, also, how much are the glasses going to be? o.O

Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:

3-D rules, man. Rules.

Just like color TV was a gimmick?

that's not a valid comparison. color TV was an improvement in technology. 3D is just something someone does for fun I guess.

oldschoolfool said:
Rainbird said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:

3-D rules, man. Rules.

unless I can jump into the T.V. and be in the game,are the movie,3D is really all hype. That's just my personal opinion. If you like 3D and that's your thing,then more power to you. good day sir. lol

Good day I say!

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:

3-D rules, man. Rules.

Just like color TV was a gimmick?

that's not a valid comparison. color TV was an improvement in technology. 3D is just something someone does for fun I guess.

U serious? A 2-D image isn't natural. 3-D mimics natural, what we see in real life. 3-D is a huge improvement in technology.

I'm not trying to force 3-D on you though lol.

Hey guys, Sony failed to deliver 1080p. What makes you think they're going to deliver 3D?

klystron said:
Hey guys, Sony failed to deliver 1080p. What makes you think they're going to deliver 3D?

What do you mean by "failed to deliver 1080p"? Sure, not many games run in 1080p, but doesn't really matter, and not that many games are going to be in 3D, but it will be awesome with the ones that none the less. No one is expecting the PS3 to be a huge 3D gaming machine.

"will be available in special sizes for children and animals, possibly."

OKAY!!! now we're talking!!

but err guys about the non glasses TV... think 3DS...

and if you need your quick 3D fix below 4000$... think 3DVision for PC...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Are those really the best games they can offer? Wipeout HD is prolly going to be a cool 3D experience but the others are...

For a real 3D tech showcase you need a FPS... Left 4 Dead played with 3D vision opened my eyes to the tech...which I thought was kind of gimmicky at first.

I'd love to see Resistance 1 redone in 3D...visuals on that game may allow for 3D optimazation.