By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buy a Sony 3DTV in june and get free 3D games

kowenicki said:
ithis said:
MikeB said:
I understand that the potential for 3DTVs relies on early adopters. It will be cool, but I am going to wait for new 3DTVs which don't require special glasses.

I don't know how that would work, unless you have special contact lenses. A TV that shows 3D only if viewed from "this line in the middle of it" is not going to work.

they already exist.

they are just very expensive.

Kowenicki is right, Phillips already offer solution to marketers who wanna use 3D displays to market stuff in store. Those displays that offer true 3D as seen with shutter glasses cost more than 10 K a piece. Not to be mixed with parallax barrier tech (samsung, sharp) that are cheap but far from being impressive.

http://www.business-sites.philips.com/3dsolutions/home/index.page (phillips 3D home page)

Around the Network
poroporo said:

children and animals

Animals ? ... Why ? It's not like they can interact or hold a controller.

No, but they can watch movies.

Yeah! for only what $4000?

Adobo said:
Yeah! for only what $4000?

You pay the premium as an early buyer for any new technology. You don't have to buy it right now, because obviously later it will be cheaper, but the opportunity is there for people who desire it.

That's a sweet deal, but you still need money

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
kowenicki said:
ithis said:
MikeB said:
I understand that the potential for 3DTVs relies on early adopters. It will be cool, but I am going to wait for new 3DTVs which don't require special glasses.

I don't know how that would work, unless you have special contact lenses. A TV that shows 3D only if viewed from "this line in the middle of it" is not going to work.

they already exist.

they are just very expensive.

Kowenicki is right, Phillips already offer solution to marketers who wanna use 3D displays to market stuff in store. Those displays that offer true 3D as seen with shutter glasses cost more than 10 K a piece. Not to be mixed with parallax barrier tech (samsung, sharp) that are cheap but far from being impressive.

http://www.business-sites.philips.com/3dsolutions/home/index.page (phillips 3D home page)

so what kind of time line are we looking at?  i mean, i would prefer a non-glasses 3D TV but if i have to wait 10 years,...fuck it.  I want 3D now!

what's the big deal? 3d is nothing to get excited about.

oldschoolfool said:

It's not? Haven't you seen Avatar 3-D?

3-D rules, man. Rules.

Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:

3-D rules, man. Rules.

I want to watch a movie for the story and action,not for some stupid gimmick. Yes I think 3-D is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:

3-D rules, man. Rules.

I want to watch a movie for the story and action,not for some stupid gimmick. Yes I think 3-D is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Just like color TV was a gimmick?