By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

pizzahut451 said:
dampowell said:
You do realize... Link could assemble the triforce and wish Kratos never existed.

You do realize...Kratos can controll the fate of any mortal after he killed sisters of fate. He could just wish Link was never born

Link wasn't woven into the loom of the Sisters of Fate - that's an active thing that has to be done, and killing the sisters was his first act in destroying the world. No new lives are being controlled by the Fates.

Link's from anonther world, though, so even if the Sisters were sitll alive (kratos can't actually weave the loom himself) Link wouldn't be part of their weave: you have to be born into it.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
McClaren said:
dampowell said:
You do realize... Link could assemble the triforce and wish Kratos never existed.

You do realize... Kratos could go see the Sisters of Fate and make sure Link was never born.

hey, i said that

Though... it wouldn't work, since Link isn't from their world, and isn't woven into their loom.

Also, assuming a nuetral ground, time travel in general isn't going to help, since all you can do is travel back in time in the nuetral land... and doing so would be seen as retreating anway, prompting a loss in the fight.

Khuutra said:
McClaren said:
Khuutra said:

I adhere to canon and narration. The out-of-bounds stepping is not part of canon. The Magic Cape ad all of its properties, unfortunately for this argument, is.

Tell you what. Come up with a scenario where Kratos would be able to kill Link when Link is using the Bombos Medallion. Or at all, I guess - I've given you a decent indication that Link is hideously strong of arm, and the protection of the Triforce means that it would take something like the Master Sword to even pierce his defenses.

Just come up with one that doesn't come down to "Kratos kicks Link's head off because he's way too awesome" and I'll respond seriously, totally, and concisely.

The Blade of Olympus is greater than or equal to the Master Sword.

The power of the Blade of Olympus is dependent entirely upon the one who holds it - Kratos has to fuel it with his rage and with Hope, making it very powerful, but that's still useless against the Triforce being wielded by a person of pure heart and it's not comparable to the power of the Master Sword.

The triforce you MAY have a point. There are still holes in that whole section of your arguement. But how are you comparing two weapons both formed by the same concept and both defeating the main boss in its game? I would assume blades of... or the sword of olympus are as strong as the master sword. I have not seen the master sword do anything spectacular (Except deafeat the boss as does the blades of...) Really your logic has been flawed all thread

pizzahut451 said:
McClaren said:
dampowell said:

You do realize... Kratos could go see the Sisters of Fate and make sure Link was never born.

hey, i said that

Yeah I was writing that before I refreshed and saw you had put it already.

letsdance said:
Maynard_Tool said:
YEah right, all link has to do is play his Ocarina to go back in time and kill kratos when he was a baby. PFfffffff easy win for Link I would say.

As can Kratos. That arguement is negated by each other.

Why didn't Kratos just do that with zeus then? Because he was a God? Link is embedded with the power of the gods (triforce of courage) so seemingly if it doesn't work against Zeus, it won't against Link.

And Mortal Men killed Gods in Kratos's world (Greek Myth). No one, save Link has conquered Ganon.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
McClaren said:

The Blade of Olympus is greater than or equal to the Master Sword.

The power of the Blade of Olympus is dependent entirely upon the one who holds it - Kratos has to fuel it with his rage and with Hope, making it very powerful, but that's still useless against the Triforce being wielded by a person of pure heart and it's not comparable to the power of the Master Sword.

The triforce you MAY have a point. There are still holes in that whole section of your arguement. But how are you comparing two weapons both formed by the same concept and both defeating the main boss in its game? I would assume blades of... or the sword of olympus are as strong as the master sword. I have not seen the master sword do anything spectacular (Except deafeat the boss as does the blades of...) Really your logic has been flawed all thread

"Not comparable" doesn't mean "less powerful than". The Master Sword is there specifically to fight the Triforce when it's being wielded by an evil hand. The Blade of Olympus isn't.

Khuutra said:
pizzahut451 said:

Damn, you just wont give up, do you?

Anyway, after i read this post, i started to question your knowledge in GOW series. Blades of exile are in no way, shape or form magic- they are 2 swords attached to chains.

I guess we``ll have to agree to diasgree on enemies agrument. IMO, Satyr enemy in GOW3 is stronger than any enemy in any Zelda game.

Yeah, but the boss fights in GOW games and in Zelda games are much more diffrent. Kratos fight the Lord Of the Underworld Hades ( that`s basiclly Satan, the devil himself), God of the Sees (posedion), the God Of War and his 2 billion + army of undead soldiers ( Ares ) and finally the King of the Gods himself (Zeus).

And no, Kratos strenght is depented ONLY on his skills with weapons, evading and blocking, he doesnt need magic at all (except when he fought Ares)

Hahahaha, man, I thought htat would be obvious this far in.

I've played all the God of Wars up, down, and sideways. Prior to getting the Blades of Chaos, Kratos is a strong but still normal guy.Link is a normal guy too, the only diffrence is Link wins in games by using magic and kratos wins with his skill, i dont see the point here. When he loses the Blades of Chaos in the Elysium scene of Chains of Olympus, he's a normal guy againbecause he puts all his strenght into that tree before he enters the Elysium - he's thrown around like a rag doll by the bad guy, and can't do anything until he draws his sins (and his powers) back into himself. The blades are an enormous source of power,yes but the blades would be worthles if he didnt know how to use them, so again, its just his skill and have been acknowledged as such in every incarnation and every game - Athena herself says that the Blades of Exile "Will be your most powerful tools in finding the Flame of Olympus," and keep in mind Kratos is carrying around the Blade of Olympus when she says this. i am pretty serious about my God of War lore.

I don't think a Satyr would be able to do much to King Dodongo, much less any of the bigger, scarier stuff.Can i just play Cronos card than? I bet hes bigger than any enemy in zelda game.Hell, he wears a mountain on his back

Kratos never fights an army of 2 billion, and I don't know where you're pulling that fromobviously, i wasnt serious about that number - but every one of those gods he killed, he killed using the power of Hope,huh? never heard of that magic. what is that? even without realizing it. The ability to kill gods isn't something that's inherent to him.

Like I said before: Kratos without his weapons (and Hope) is shown to be a normal guy.And link isnt? Go back and rpelay the first God of War or Chains of Olympus if you don't believe me. Without the Blades Kratos does't stand a chance against even a minotaur, and without Hope he never would have been able to kill a single Titan or god.

Kasz216 said:
pizzahut451 said:
McClaren said:
dampowell said:

hey, i said that

Though... it wouldn't work, since Link isn't from their world, and isn't woven into their loom.

Also, assuming a nuetral ground, time travel in general isn't going to help, since all you can do is travel back in time in the nuetral land... and doing so would be seen as retreating anway, prompting a loss in the fight.

so i guess triforce wouldnt work on kratos as well?

letsdance said:
Maynard_Tool said:
YEah right, all link has to do is play his Ocarina to go back in time and kill kratos when he was a baby. PFfffffff easy win for Link I would say.

I guess you are using the reference in the second game, when he has to run to the top of the tower, then move the big ass chains to find the exact point in time, then run again to get to the portal??

Dude, link just has to get his ocarina out. Kratos will take forever to get there.... it would be just too late. Link wins.

Plus, do you really know all the weapons and possible combinations link can use? All the masks, shields, swords, armors, and god knows what else.... I mean, he can turn invincible, and kratos wouldn´t be able to touch him. By saying that we can combine every link..... That just gave the win to link.

If it was a pure fight w/o weapons, sure kratos will have the advantage. But, by combining every posible scenario with every single weapon.... you just have link the victory my friend

dampowell said:
letsdance said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Why didn't Kratos just do that with zeus then? Because he was a God? Link is embedded with the power of the gods (triforce of courage) so seemingly if it doesn't work against Zeus, it won't against Link.

And Mortal Men killed Gods in Kratos's world (Greek Myth). No one, save Link has conquered Ganon.

Because that would make for a stupid and boring ass game... another one of you guys have entered the thread... congradulations. BTW - Why didn't link go back in time and kill Ganon when he was a normal baby born from the theives in the desert?