By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:
The problem with your arguements Khuutra and Kas is you are taking developers work too literally. You are trying to argue against them going in the direction of making a game fun and balanced rather than logic. With that type of arguement there is no winning with you guys. Because as i've been saying this whole thread if you want to use that as a rule then the next step is kratos automatically dying by stepping out of bounds. Just like the next step after the patriot act is microchip implants.

Your arguements are flawed and you both are too close minded to see it. (Khuutra is now starting to be more open but it's way too late for that)

So... in otherwords... you haven't figured out the concept of the word Canon yet.

or you haven't figured that all Canon is flexible and changing.  Link is the same today as he was in the original Legend of Zelda and Kratos isn't the same as he was in the first game. they are continuously changed and given new powers and weapons, so there is no fixed answer because there is no fixed Canon.  Link could be given a power tomorrow by the game creators more powerful than anything Kratos has and could kill him with just a thought.  the next day Kratos can be given a power that is greater than that.

the idea that these characters are fixed and there is an absolute answer to such a ridiculous question to begin with is silly, and debating it even sillier.  there is no answer because there is no fixed reality because there is no reality to begin with in the matter that can be judged. 

Around the Network

Link is a normal guy? How many normal 10 year olds do you know that can lift things many times their own weight?

pizzahut451 said:
Khuutra said:

Hahahaha, man, I thought htat would be obvious this far in.

I've played all the God of Wars up, down, and sideways. Prior to getting the Blades of Chaos, Kratos is a strong but still normal guy.Link is a normal guy too, the only diffrence is Link wins in games by using magic and kratos wins with his skill, i dont see the point here. When he loses the Blades of Chaos in the Elysium scene of Chains of Olympus, he's a normal guy againbecause he puts all his strenght into that tree before he enters the Elysium - he's thrown around like a rag doll by the bad guy, and can't do anything until he draws his sins (and his powers) back into himself. The blades are an enormous source of power,yes but the blades would be worthles if he didnt know how to use them, so again, its just his skill and have been acknowledged as such in every incarnation and every game - Athena herself says that the Blades of Exile "Will be your most powerful tools in finding the Flame of Olympus," and keep in mind Kratos is carrying around the Blade of Olympus when she says this. i am pretty serious about my God of War lore.

I don't think a Satyr would be able to do much to King Dodongo, much less any of the bigger, scarier stuff.Can i just play Cronos card than? I bet hes bigger than any enemy in zelda game.Hell, he wears a mountain on his back

Kratos never fights an army of 2 billion, and I don't know where you're pulling that fromobviously, i wasnt serious about that number - but every one of those gods he killed, he killed using the power of Hope,huh? never heard of that magic. what is that? even without realizing it. The ability to kill gods isn't something that's inherent to him.

Like I said before: Kratos without his weapons (and Hope) is shown to be a normal guy.And link isnt? Go back and rpelay the first God of War or Chains of Olympus if you don't believe me. Without the Blades Kratos does't stand a chance against even a minotaur, and without Hope he never would have been able to kill a single Titan or god.

My point is that Link isn't a normal guy. Normal ten-year-olds without super powers and without magic don't kill gigantic fire-breathing dinosaurs.

He doesn't just put all of his strength into it - he puts all of his sins into it, absolving himself of his past, leaving him as he was before he received the Blades of Chaos. That's Kratos as he really is, beneath all of the godly items and magics and curses and Hope.

It's not "just his skill" - you're ignoring the fact that the blades themselves are immense sources of power, and are not just normal blades. They're magical, flaming blades meant specifically to tear through flesh in ways that normal blades cannot. Even if he didn't know how to use them, just carrying them means he's tapped into enormous stores of power, the likes of which makes him comparable to the mythological version of Theseus in terms of strength.

Unfortunately no, the Cronos card doesn't work for two reasons: firstly, Kratos has the pwoer of Hope in that fight, even if he's not aware of it. Secondly, Link fought two giant monster worms bigger than Cronos in Majora's Mask - he did this using the Giant's Mask, so that he himself grew to the size of Cronos.

.....You don't know what 'Hope' is? You didnt' play God of War 3?! Go play it! Go play it now! That game is awesome.

No, Link isn't a normal guy, like I said before. Link is still a guy who kills giant fire-breathing dinosaurs - with no magic, mind - and throws around boulders bigger than he is - again, with no magic. Even without any equipment, Link is monstrously strong.

pizzahut451 said:
Kasz216 said:
pizzahut451 said:
McClaren said:
dampowell said:
You do realize... Link could assemble the triforce and wish Kratos never existed.

You do realize... Kratos could go see the Sisters of Fate and make sure Link was never born.

hey, i said that

Though... it wouldn't work, since Link isn't from their world, and isn't woven into their loom.

Also, assuming a nuetral ground, time travel in general isn't going to help, since all you can do is travel back in time in the nuetral land... and doing so would be seen as retreating anway, prompting a loss in the fight.

so i guess triforce wouldnt work on kratos as well?

Why wouldn't it?  The Triforce works on anybody.  You don't need to be "woven into the triforce" for it to work on anybody.  It's just outword reality manipulation.

That's the thing.  The Triforce is an outword multiversal reality manipulation.  While the Loom of Fate is a very specific kind of reality manipulation.

It's like having a sword that kills skeletons in one hit and the vorpal sword.

Maynard_Tool said:
letsdance said:
Maynard_Tool said:
YEah right, all link has to do is play his Ocarina to go back in time and kill kratos when he was a baby. PFfffffff easy win for Link I would say.

As can Kratos. That arguement is negated by each other.

I guess you are using the reference in the second game, when he has to run to the top of the tower, then move the big ass chains to find the exact point in time, then run again to get to the portal??

Dude, link just has to get his ocarina out. Kratos will take forever to get there.... it would be just too late. Link wins.

Plus, do you really know all the weapons and possible combinations link can use? All the masks, shields, swords, armors, and god knows what else.... I mean, he can turn invincible, and kratos wouldn´t be able to touch him. By saying that we can combine every link..... That just gave the win to link.

If it was a pure fight w/o weapons, sure kratos will have the advantage. But, by combining every posible scenario with every single win.... you just have link the victory my friend

The invincible theory has been debunked. That and Link needs to have enough time to use the Ocarina as does Kratos needs to use his. Also, going back wont do anything considering there would be no past just current since it would be in nuetral world.

Around the Network
strunge said:
Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:
The problem with your arguements Khuutra and Kas is you are taking developers work too literally. You are trying to argue against them going in the direction of making a game fun and balanced rather than logic. With that type of arguement there is no winning with you guys. Because as i've been saying this whole thread if you want to use that as a rule then the next step is kratos automatically dying by stepping out of bounds. Just like the next step after the patriot act is microchip implants.

Your arguements are flawed and you both are too close minded to see it. (Khuutra is now starting to be more open but it's way too late for that)

So... in otherwords... you haven't figured out the concept of the word Canon yet.

or you haven't figured that all Canon is flexible and changing.  Link is the same today as he was in the original Legend of Zelda and Kratos isn't the same as he was in the first game. they are continuously changed and given new powers and weapons, so there is no fixed answer because there is no fixed Canon.  Link could be given a power tomorrow by the game creators more powerful than anything Kratos has and could kill him with just a thought.  the next day Kratos can be given a power that is greater than that.

the idea that these characters are fixed and there is an absolute answer to such a ridiculous question to begin with is silly, and debating it even sillier.  there is no answer because there is no fixed reality because there is no reality to begin with in the matter that can be judged. 

The last canon is the final canon.  Changes to canon are called "retcons".

Also, every link is actually a different person.  That's why all the Links are different.

pizzahut451 said:
Kasz216 said:

Though... it wouldn't work, since Link isn't from their world, and isn't woven into their loom.

Also, assuming a nuetral ground, time travel in general isn't going to help, since all you can do is travel back in time in the nuetral land... and doing so would be seen as retreating anway, prompting a loss in the fight.

The Triforce is shown to work on realities that it doesn't originate from. The loom can't, by definition, because there's no one left to weave new lives into it, and Link wouldn't be in it anyway.

Kasz216 said:
Link is a normal guy? How many normal 10 year olds do you know that can lift things many times their own weight?

Give me a magical guantlet and I'm sure I can do that too.

letsdance said:
Maynard_Tool said:
letsdance said:
Maynard_Tool said:
YEah right, all link has to do is play his Ocarina to go back in time and kill kratos when he was a baby. PFfffffff easy win for Link I would say.

As can Kratos. That arguement is negated by each other.

I guess you are using the reference in the second game, when he has to run to the top of the tower, then move the big ass chains to find the exact point in time, then run again to get to the portal??

Dude, link just has to get his ocarina out. Kratos will take forever to get there.... it would be just too late. Link wins.

Plus, do you really know all the weapons and possible combinations link can use? All the masks, shields, swords, armors, and god knows what else.... I mean, he can turn invincible, and kratos wouldn´t be able to touch him. By saying that we can combine every link..... That just gave the win to link.

If it was a pure fight w/o weapons, sure kratos will have the advantage. But, by combining every posible scenario with every single win.... you just have link the victory my friend

The invincible theory has been debunked. That and Link needs to have enough time to use the Ocarina as does Kratos needs to use his. Also, going back wont do anything considering there would be no past just current since it would be in nuetral world.

No it isn't.  I debunked your debunking... which you then acknowledged and then decided to completly ignore.

Also you know... you said composite link.

Kasz216 said:
pizzahut451 said:
Kasz216 said:
pizzahut451 said:
McClaren said:
dampowell said:
You do realize... Link could assemble the triforce and wish Kratos never existed.

You do realize... Kratos could go see the Sisters of Fate and make sure Link was never born.

hey, i said that

Why wouldn't it?  The Triforce works on anybody.  You don't need to be "woven into the triforce" for it to work on anybody.  It's just outword reality manipulation.

That's the thing.  The Triforce is an outword multiversal reality manipulation.  While the Loom of Fate is a very specific kind of reality manipulation.

It's like having a sword that kills skeletons in one hit and the vorpal sword.

so cherry pciking than? just say so.