By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

pizzahut451 said:
Khuutra said:

Hahaha, I guess that's fair - forget the gauntlets, then. If we reduce Lin and Kratos both down to their natural strength and swords and shields made of regular old steel or iron or bronze, I'd still give it to Link.care to explain? was there ever a fight in zelda where link took out more than 20 enemies at the same time? I also didnt mentioned ``regular steel``, i said Link with sword (of any kind) vs. kratos with blades of exile. Or if you want they can just fight with fists, every way you spin it-Kratos Wins.

And no, I do see the difference between their worlds - but it's not in the direction that you would think. I see the God of War world as being more violent, not as being a place where the enemies are more powerful than in Zelda.care to say why?

I mean, Link was able to kill a dinosaur the size of a Mack Truck (with hauling trailer) when he was tenKratos killed Cronos, so there goes that logic. This isn't some regular punk ten-year-old here, the kid is insane.Link always wins in game by using magic and magical items he took from other people. I never saw him win using only his sword shield and bow. Kratos on the other side managed to take out entire army of Ares only with Blades of Chaos. he even killed thousands before he made his ``agreement`` with Ares.   He scales active volcanoes while they're spewing lava plumes all over the place, and can actually be hit by volcanic stones raining from the sky and just shrug it off so long as he has his shield.And kratos holded off Cronos`s hand when he was trying to crush him. Even when he's small, Link is strong as Hell.

...Why would we get rid of Link's magic items but not Kratos's? The Blades of Exile are powerful magic, and it's shown that without them Kratos is basically a normal guy (like in the past, or like in the Elysium scene in Chains of Olympus).

Link takes out enormous hordes of enemies in the original game, particular in dungeons seven and eight. He doesn't ever fight twenty at once - the rooms he fights in aren't big enough - but he does fight half a dozen blue darknuts and half a dozen blue wizzrobes at once, which I would put up against any horde that Kratos has ever fought, incluing the gauntlet battle at the end of the Labyrinth, and expect them to win.

Even the most basic enemies in the Zelda series are borderline invincible to conventional medieval weaponry - or rather, the scary stuff is, like the Twilight Monsters in Twilight Princess. You can take out Dokoblins and Bulbins easy enough, sure, but once you get into like Moblin territory I'd start putting them on level with minotaurs, and Moblins are not a big deal to Link.

My point with the bosses that Lin fights when he's a kid is to point out the fac that Link was doing all of that stuff when he was ten. He's not "just some guy" by any means- the fact that you're comparing the killing of Cronos to something that a ten-year-old did really says a lot here, but Link would probably beat Cronos's ass too, since Tartarus is a big enough arena for him to be able to use the Giant's Mask.

Kratos's strength is dependent on his magic and his items, too. Take magic and items away for both, and Kratos is still a bad-ass Spartan general, but Link remains the guy who can deadlift and swing around boulders taller than he is. Taken to a baseline, Link would tear Kratos limb from limb.

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Is this even an argument? Link isn't much of a fighter, kratos would tear him and Ganon to pieces without too much difficulty.

is this really an argument at all?  it's fake, people.  neither characters have any ability to defeat the other absent of what the actions and desires of a third party.

The problem with your arguements Khuutra and Kas is you are taking developers work too literally. You are trying to argue against them going in the direction of making a game fun and balanced rather than logic. With that type of arguement there is no winning with you guys. Because as i've been saying this whole thread if you want to use that as a rule then the next step is kratos automatically dying by stepping out of bounds. Just like the next step after the patriot act is microchip implants.

Your arguements are flawed and you both are too close minded to see it. (Khuutra is now starting to be more open but it's way too late for that)

letsdance said:
The problem with your arguements Khuutra and Kas is you are taking developers work too literally. You are trying to argue against them going in the direction of making a game fun and balanced rather than logic. With that type of arguement there is no winning with you guys. Because as i've been saying this whole thread if you want to use that as a rule then the next step is kratos automatically dying by stepping out of bounds. Just like the next step after the patriot act is microchip implants.

Your arguements are flawed and you both are too close minded to see it. (Khuutra is now starting to be more open but it's way too late for that)

I adhere to canon and narration. The out-of-bounds stepping is not part of canon. The Magic Cape ad all of its properties, unfortunately for this argument, is.

Tell you what. Come up with a scenario where Kratos would be able to kill Link when Link is using the Bombos Medallion. Or at all, I guess - I've given you a decent indication that Link is hideously strong of arm, and the protection of the Triforce means that it would take something like the Master Sword to even pierce his defenses.

Just come up with one that doesn't come down to "Kratos kicks Link's head off because he's way too awesome" and I'll respond seriously, totally, and concisely.

You do realize... Link could assemble the triforce and wish Kratos never existed.

Around the Network

The fact is you are assuming that link has the oppertunity to use these items. This is another point you ignored of mine long ago. It's shortsighted and flawed.

Khuutra said:
pizzahut451 said:
Khuutra said:

Hahaha, I guess that's fair - forget the gauntlets, then. If we reduce Lin and Kratos both down to their natural strength and swords and shields made of regular old steel or iron or bronze, I'd still give it to Link.care to explain? was there ever a fight in zelda where link took out more than 20 enemies at the same time? I also didnt mentioned ``regular steel``, i said Link with sword (of any kind) vs. kratos with blades of exile. Or if you want they can just fight with fists, every way you spin it-Kratos Wins.

And no, I do see the difference between their worlds - but it's not in the direction that you would think. I see the God of War world as being more violent, not as being a place where the enemies are more powerful than in Zelda.care to say why?

I mean, Link was able to kill a dinosaur the size of a Mack Truck (with hauling trailer) when he was tenKratos killed Cronos, so there goes that logic. This isn't some regular punk ten-year-old here, the kid is insane.Link always wins in game by using magic and magical items he took from other people. I never saw him win using only his sword shield and bow. Kratos on the other side managed to take out entire army of Ares only with Blades of Chaos. he even killed thousands before he made his ``agreement`` with Ares.   He scales active volcanoes while they're spewing lava plumes all over the place, and can actually be hit by volcanic stones raining from the sky and just shrug it off so long as he has his shield.And kratos holded off Cronos`s hand when he was trying to crush him. Even when he's small, Link is strong as Hell.

...Why would we get rid of Link's magic items but not Kratos's? The Blades of Exile are powerful magic, and it's shown that without them Kratos is basically a normal guy (like in the past, or like in the Elysium scene in Chains of Olympus).

Link takes out enormous hordes of enemies in the original game, particular in dungeons seven and eight. He doesn't ever fight twenty at once - the rooms he fights in aren't big enough - but he does fight half a dozen blue darknuts and half a dozen blue wizzrobes at once, which I would put up against any horde that Kratos has ever fought, incluing the gauntlet battle at the end of the Labyrinth, and expect them to win.

Even the most basic enemies in the Zelda series are borderline invincible to conventional medieval weaponry - or rather, the scary stuff is, like the Twilight Monsters in Twilight Princess. You can take out Dokoblins and Bulbins easy enough, sure, but once you get into like Moblin territory I'd start putting them on level with minotaurs, and Moblins are not a big deal to Link.

My point with the bosses that Lin fights when he's a kid is to point out the fac that Link was doing all of that stuff when he was ten. He's not "just some guy" by any means- the fact that you're comparing the killing of Cronos to something that a ten-year-old did really says a lot here, but Link would probably beat Cronos's ass too, since Tartarus is a big enough arena for him to be able to use the Giant's Mask.

Kratos's strength is dependent on his magic and his items, too. Take magic and items away for both, and Kratos is still a bad-ass Spartan general, but Link remains the guy who can deadlift and swing around boulders taller than he is. Taken to a baseline, Link would tear Kratos limb from limb.

Damn, you just wont give up, do you?

Anyway, after i read this post, i started to question your knowledge in GOW series. Blades of exile are in no way, shape or form magic- they are 2 swords attached to chains.

I guess we``ll have to agree to diasgree on enemies agrument. IMO, Satyr enemy in GOW3 is stronger than any enemy in any Zelda game.

Yeah, but the boss fights in GOW games and in Zelda games are much more diffrent. Kratos fight the Lord Of the Underworld Hades ( that`s basiclly Satan, the devil himself), God of the Sees (posedion), the God Of War and his 2 billion + army of undead soldiers ( Ares ) and finally the King of the Gods himself (Zeus).

And no, Kratos strenght is depented ONLY on his skills with weapons, evading and blocking, he doesnt need magic at all (except when he fought Ares)

letsdance said:
The fact is you are assuming that link has the oppertunity to use these items. This is another point you ignored of mine long ago.

The Bombos Medallion can be used instantly, and there's no reason to assume Kratos can take it from Link. He doesn't automatically take weapons from any other hero-type enemy in the game.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

I adhere to canon and narration. The out-of-bounds stepping is not part of canon. The Magic Cape ad all of its properties, unfortunately for this argument, is.

Tell you what. Come up with a scenario where Kratos would be able to kill Link when Link is using the Bombos Medallion. Or at all, I guess - I've given you a decent indication that Link is hideously strong of arm, and the protection of the Triforce means that it would take something like the Master Sword to even pierce his defenses.

Just come up with one that doesn't come down to "Kratos kicks Link's head off because he's way too awesome" and I'll respond seriously, totally, and concisely.

The Blade of Olympus is greater than or equal to the Master Sword.

letsdance said:

So... in otherwords... you haven't figured out the concept of the word Canon yet.