By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

CommonMan said:
I would like to see a presidential debate that was like this.

Candidate one: ". . . so as you can see by the last 10 minutes I have detailed all of the things we need to do to fix the *insert problem here*"

Candidate two: "LOL! Whatever dude, I didn't even listen to your bullshit because you're wrong!"

Sadly, candidate 2 would probably win that election.

Or to put this more bluntly, letsdance lost this argument hundreds of posts ago, even if he's "right" (which he's not)

I don't know if you know this but buy khuutra now admitting bombs dont hurt link means I won... We all know that just isn't correct... yet we should assume the cape also wasn't an over sight and the devs made it like that because thats the way it works even though Zelda lore sites dont describe it like that

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Yes, yes lets be selective. Lets just assume these bombs were special instead of the devs making a mistake or not thinking it mattered. I just had to have you admit that link is immune to bombs for my own peace of mind. I only wish you did it sooner because then I knew you were just crazy and would never back down even though you are wrong.

Hm.

So are you saying Kratos isn't invincible while rolling, then?

No... that'd be just as stupid as thinking Link is immune to bombs or immune to being hit while attacking with the cape.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Yes, yes lets be selective. Lets just assume these bombs were special instead of the devs making a mistake or not thinking it mattered. I just had to have you admit that link is immune to bombs for my own peace of mind. I only wish you did it sooner because then I knew you were just crazy and would never back down even though you are wrong.

Hm.

So are you saying Kratos isn't invincible while rolling, then?

No... that'd be just as stupid as thinking Link is immune to bombs or immune to being hit while attacking with the cape.

Well, the latter is still true, but regardless.

Fine. Link uses the Bombos Medallion - it's instant, it's unblockable, it's unavoidable, and it creates an enormous explosion which incinerates every living thing except for Link himself. Fight over.

If Kratos survives, he just uses it again.

And again.

And again.

Kratos is already dead.

Kratos would win, Link is too Mortal, Kratos is a fallen god that kills all of the gods in Olympus. Kratos wins hands down.

It isn't fair comparing them, they are completely different.

Common man I have no clue why you think Candidate 2 is me when Khuutra has ignored the bombs for a better half of this thread. If anything Khuutra is candidate 2 considering he ignored every valid point. Why you do you think I starting going "Kratos loses by steping out of bounds. The end" Its because that was exactly what Khuutra was doing. He stuck his fingers in his ears a lot sooner than I did... I just did it more obviously.

Around the Network
TheNoobHolocaust said:
Kratos would win, Link is too Mortal, Kratos is a fallen god that kills all of the gods in Olympus. Kratos wins hands down.

It isn't fair comparing them, they are completely different.

Which Link do you mean?

Khuutra - Link doesn't obtain the medallion because I never got it in the game so I never used it. Just like I never used Kratos' weapons.

letsdance said:
Khuutra - Link doesn't obtain the medallion because I never got it in the game so I never used it. Just like I never used Kratos' weapons.

You realize this isn't an argument, right?

And what happened to not responding to me?

The point in the scenario that I outlined - where Link blasts Kratos to smithereens in an instant - is that you said there hadn't been a single instance presented in which Kratos would lose to Link. I just gave you one. It wouldn't matter if Kratos was using the Rage of Sparta the whole time, the Bombos Medallion would still murder him.

I'm just using your logic dude... Sorry... These are the rules you set up.

letsdance said:
I'm just using your logic dude... Sorry... These are the rules you set up.

I'm operating by the rules you set up.

Still. I apologize.

There has been a failure in communication, and that's my fault.

I'm drawing the abilities of both parties from "canon". What "canon" means here is that the narrative of the games is taken as law for defining their abilities - the games themselves have the final say-so, but only so far as it operates within canon. Kratos does not die when glitching off of a path. Link, similarly, is not invincible and able to use all of his items while riding his horse.

The thing about assuming "canon" here is that we give the characters all the items they can use within the narrative of the game - all of Kratos's weapons are fully upgraded, he's found all the secret chests and things, he's carrying around the godly possessions as trophies. Same with Link: he's got all his upgrades, all his optional weapons, on and on.

But.

But but but but but but.

All of this operates within the story of the game. In the story of the game, Kratos doesn't use the godly possessions, just like he doesn't run around in the body of Athena or Hercules. Just like Link doesn't have the experience of beating the second quest in LoZ, because that's not canon. In the story of the game, Kratos isn't able to use the godly possessions, or they don't have any magical effects for him. If they did, the story would have gone very differently.

Do you see what I mean, now?