By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Also, I'm not really sure Kratos powers would work on Link... you know... considering where his "Super" powers come from to help him kill Ares and the like

He'd probably be stuck at demi-god level.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Khuutra said:

Yeah, uh.

You keep playing God of War II, then get back to me on that one.

I myself haven't beaten it, but I have watched someone else. I will stand by the fact that Perseus and Heracles (although he was killed by Kratos in GoW3 I believe, that was an inaccurate portrayal of him) would be about the same strength as Kratos. Who would win? Well that's up to the gods to decide.

And no I won't keep playing GoW2, because, quite frankly, it got really really boring, really really fast. It's the sole reason that I will not be buying GoW3. Maybe a rent, maybe buy it used in a year, but never at full price.

Oh I agree that the mythological Perseus and Heracles would ruin Kratos, but I meant in the context of their God of War portrayals.

Agreed, because Sony doesn't give a rat's ass about historical accuracy. *sheds a tear* 

Was Perseus even in GoW? I don't seem to remember him at all. Maybe it's just my incomplete knowledge of the series.

Kasz216 said:
Also, I'm not really sure Kratos powers would work on Link... you know... considering where his "Super" powers come from to help him kill Ares and the like

Oh right, Hope wouldn't really do shit to somebody pure-hearted and good and hopeful like Link, would it?

The thing about Link is that his narrative existence is pretty.... interesting. Depending on which game you're looking at, he's almost like Robert E. Howard's depictions of Conan. Or a sword-wielding version of Kenshiro.

Link's defining trait is his ability to overcome overwhelming odds, with courage and determination. In Hyrule, light always triumphs over dark, and thus, the outcome of this battle will depend largely on where it is waged. Kratos isn't exactly calculating, and thus, I have a very strong feeling he wouldn't understand this(since most of you never even questioned WHERE this battle would take place, imaging Kratos trying to figure it out). That being the case, he certainly couldn't defeat Ganon, who is one of the most calculating villains in history.

Vanquishing Link also doesn't guarantee victory, since he is not a single person, or a single bloodline, he is simply the embodiment of the hero of time, for any given era. Kratos, who could barely stand the torment of one human lifetime, certainly won't be around to fight in 100, or 1000 years, and he won't be there to fight in the ultimate battle of dark v light, at the end of all things, like the hero of time is destined to do. If you want to pick apart "powers" then characters like Bayonetta could kill 1000 Kratos' before a boss, simply due to her speed, ability, and regenerative powers. Imagine Kratos trying to battle a spirit detective, or a Super Sayajin, for instance, he wouldn't stand a chance. Link, however, as the under-dog champion with an immortal spirit, has the resourcefulness and courage to stand the test of time, while Kratos' time is already over.

I vote Link.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

SmoothCriminal said:
Khuutra said:

Oh I agree that the mythological Perseus and Heracles would ruin Kratos, but I meant in the context of their God of War portrayals.

Agreed, because Sony doesn't give a rat's ass about historical accuracy. *sheds a tear* 

Was Perseus even in GoW? I don't seem to remember him at all. Maybe it's just my incomplete knowledge of the series.

He's a midway boss in God of War II. They pretty seriously pansy-fied him.

Around the Network

kratos would bully link , take his lunch money and shoot spitballs at him while link cries in a corner.

or link just runs away and gathers a posse with mario luigi and metroid but they refuse because they prefer their head attached to their body.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Link's defining trait is his ability to overcome overwhelming odds, with courage and determination. In Hyrule, light always triumphs over dark, and thus, the outcome of this battle will depend largely on where it is waged. Kratos isn't exactly calculating, and thus, I have a very strong feeling he wouldn't understand this(since most of you never even questioned WHERE this battle would take place, imaging Kratos trying to figure it out). That being the case, he certainly couldn't defeat Ganon, who is one of the most calculating villains in history.

Vanquishing Link also doesn't guarantee victory, since he is not a single person, or a single bloodline, he is simply the embodiment of the hero of time, for any given era. Kratos, who could barely stand the torment of one human lifetime, certainly won't be around to fight in 100, or 1000 years, and he won't be there to fight in the ultimate battle of dark v light, at the end of all things, like the hero of time is destined to do. If you want to pick apart "powers" then characters like Bayonetta could kill 1000 Kratos' before a boss, simply due to her speed, ability, and regenerative powers. Imagine Kratos trying to battle a spirit detective, or a Super Sayajin, for instance, he wouldn't stand a chance. Link, however, as the under-dog champion with an immortal spirit, has the resourcefulness and courage to stand the test of time, while Kratos' time is already over.

I vote Link.

Did you just draw a parallel between Link and Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion?

Khuutra said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Khuutra said:

He's a midway boss in God of War II. They pretty seriously pansy-fied him.

Now I have to get that far in GoW2 just to see how badly they messed him up.

However, I think we can all agree that Gordan Freeman would demolish them both. (I'm half-way serious, and half-way joking.)

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh right, Hope wouldn't really do shit to somebody pure-hearted and good and hopeful like Link, would it?

The thing about Link is that his narrative existence is pretty.... interesting. Depending on which game you're looking at, he's almost like Robert E. Howard's depictions of Conan. Or a sword-wielding version of Kenshiro.

I wouldn't think so... I'd think that'd more or less put kratos back at GOW1 level. Additionally you have to factor in the Tri-force. It usually doesn't do that much, but only because it doesn't have to, when link needs it... it tends to kick in in a BIG way. The greek gods as protrayed in god of war are far from all powerful, while the Tri-force is much closer to well, the power of a "real" god. How and if the Tri-force would reaact is another thing to note. Source universe matieral needs to be taken into account as well as just pure feats. As an extreme example... Porky Pig would beat Superman in a fight. Porky Pig hasn't done anything too impresive, but when you look at how their universes differ.

if you take away their weapons it would make for a hand to hand and ive never seen link rip someone in half