By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shiny pokemon, have you got any?

Having caught my very first Shiny pokemon, a Shiny Carnivine, on Soul Silver, it reminded me that the last time I caught a shiny pokemon was on Emerald; a shiny Houndor.

So, my question to all you pokemon fans; have you caught any shiny pokemon on the most recent pokemon games, Soul Silver and Heart Gold? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Gyarados(Not Lake of Rage one), Staravia, Bidoof.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I once caught a shiny metapod on the original gold game, in the bug catching contest. But it didn't make me win the contest, so I switched off without saving :) Only afterwards I realised I shouldn't have done that.

Gyarados on SoulSilver, Golbat in Ruby and a Bibarel in Pearl(Lvl 4!!!!)

madmaniac said:
I once caught a shiny metapod on the original gold game, in the bug catching contest. But it didn't make me win the contest, so I switched off without saving :) Only afterwards I realised I shouldn't have done that.

Oh damn :/

First time I found a shiny pokemon was a shiny Goldeen, on gold. I thought something was wrong with my game, like a bad sprite or something, but I caught it anyway. 

I only found out about Shiny pokemons a few years later xD  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

In Fire Red I came across a shiny Koffing, it self destructed. I cried my self to sleep that night T_T

KylieDog said:
All my pokemon are Shiny. I use a cheat code for it since seems pointless trying to find them normally when the only people who will see them are online and online is hack central.

If you want to talk legit ones though in Platinum a Tangula (I think is the name...looks like spaghetti) and some rock looking thing the name of which I never bothered to learn.

I've seen a lot of hacked Shinies on GTS. Probably all of them are also hacked for Pokerus and maximum EV/IV. 

Heck, one guy whose box I peeked had two shiny Arceus >_< 

Current PC Build

Nah, I use Repel 90% of the time. Yeah, shame on me.

Farmageddon said:

You only gain levels through trainer battles? 

I'm the contrary, I like to farm a lot. I have over 2K pokemons defeated on the Elite League PC stats xD 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Farmageddon said:

You only gain levels through trainer battles? 

I'm the contrary, I like to farm a lot. I have over 2K pokemons defeated on the Elite League PC stats xD 

I first go trough the game using a single pokemon, defeating every trainer but avoiding grass pokemon as soon as possible (first few levels of course come from grass). In soul Silver if you do that and then repeat the elite four three times or so you'll have a lv 100 pokemon already. After every region is unlocked and I have a though guy, and if I'm actually gonna build a team, the bulk of any training I have to do will be on the elite four as soon as I get the EVs right. So yeah, I spend a lot of money on Super Repels.