By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shiny pokemon, have you got any?

Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:

What were your levels when you first fought them? I'm having no difficulty defeating the Kanto gym leaders with a LVL 53 party, but since i'm passing them so fast, I might only be 56/57 when I reach the 2nd round Elite Four.

My levels were fine on paper, but i still got owned by Lance (since i had nothing that could directly deal with his Gyrados, and his Dragonites are just broken, given that they can destroy ice-types easily enough), so, as my sig indicated, i had to drag in my level 65 Palkia

Otherwise it was all level 50 and a 55 Abomasnow.

They destroy Ice-types easily? How different is the moveset from the first time around? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Anybody have a Mudkip? I'll trade you my Treecko.

lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:

What were your levels when you first fought them? I'm having no difficulty defeating the Kanto gym leaders with a LVL 53 party, but since i'm passing them so fast, I might only be 56/57 when I reach the 2nd round Elite Four.

My levels were fine on paper, but i still got owned by Lance (since i had nothing that could directly deal with his Gyrados, and his Dragonites are just broken, given that they can destroy ice-types easily enough), so, as my sig indicated, i had to drag in my level 65 Palkia

They destroy Ice-types easily? How different is the moveset from the first time around? 

Fire Blast and being abnormally fast (at least from what i could tell. Abomasnow is a little on the slow end, but mine was faster than Clair's Dragonairs at level 40, so there's little reason it should have been slower than Lance's dragonites at 55)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:

Fire Blast and being abnormally fast (at least from what i could tell. Abomasnow is a little on the slow end, but mine was faster than Clair's Dragonairs at level 40, so there's little reason it should have been slower than Lance's dragonites at 55)

Is it possible that Gym leaders/Elite Four pokemons have high EV? that could severely affect the stats, and give Dragonite an insanely fast speed. 

For example, the LVL 50 Dragonite of first time Lance was slower than my LVL 49 Feraligatr, but the two LVL 49 Dragonites were faster than it. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Awh, you mean IN game, I have a Shiny Charizard and Shiny Gyrados somewhere!!

Around the Network
Seece said:

Holy Shit, a Shiny Charizard? :-O

I'm so getting one, I just need to effectively do the soft reset trick that Routsounmanman said. Charizard is one of my end game pokemons xD  

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Seece said:

I'm so getting one, I just need to effectively do the soft reset trick that Routsounmanman said. Charizard is one of my end game pokemons xD  

No >< I mean .. IRL.

Seece said:
lestatdark said:
Seece said:

No >< I mean .. IRL.

Loool, ok

Current PC Build