By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance... Why this sold so many?

I have been looking through the sales of the 3rd party Wii games. And didn’t understand why some great 3rd party games aren’t selling that well and was trying to figure out why Just Dance is at 2.5 mill (or close to) and it all comes down to advertising. I have seen a commercial on almost every channel I have watched with this game. If more 3rd parties just spent the money in advertising I am sure they would also sell multi million copies. What do you think?

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network

Because it is fun for more people? It is simple. It is dancing. It is appealing to all ages. It is great with friends etc etc

People always like to guilt everyrhing, and the last thing in the list is always: The Game Sucks.
It may interest to a niche demographic, but for the mainstream, it just sucks. Just Dance, on the other hand, seems to be pretty cool.

Above: still the best game of the year.

i did not played this game yet , but i dont know maybe cuz its fun ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

plenty of games have had large advertising budgets and have not been able to achieve such large sales. so its not logical to assume more advertising will suddenly make every game into a multi million seller.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

This game is incredible fun. Much more than many games.

I'm sure the advertising helps, and is something that several publishers have been forgetting to do with their Wii games; they figure that releasing a game with no fanfare whatsoever into an already crowded marketplace is clearly the recipe for success. But the long and the short of Just Dance's appeal is strictly fun. It is a game that a large demographic is finding to be far more enjoyable than "core" games, which I think is great. The expanded audiences need high quality games just as the rest of us do, and Just Dance, by all accounts, is just that.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

it was perfectly advertised on shows like hannah montana and dance shows

Marketting helps... but people actually like the game you know. (and it's appeal is widespread)

The name of the game communicates. It's not a sequel, it's not a remake, it's not a port. It's a game about dancing and it seems the market just wants a dancing game.

Pixel Art can be fun.