By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ode to Shadow of the Colossus (Spoilers & Death of 56k)

You should do a write up on Ico too. I was finally able to get my hands on it to play through it thanks to Gamefly. Damn, it looks good for a first generation PS2 game and it's a good game as well.

However, I must shed a tear because it was lost in the mail on transit back to Gamefly *sigh*.

--

It's cool that the stories are so vague that they leave a lot to be translated by people. At the same time, it's annoying because you want to know exactly what it is that is going on, but despite how vague they are, Ico and Shadow of The Colossus still take you in.

lol, I was pretty sad for Ico near the end of the game where Yorda is stone and despite this, you could still call out to her. I felt bad for him when I took him right next to Yorda and had him yelling to her. 

Around the Network

Bump for the love that Shadow of the Colossus deserves lol

@IllegalPaladin
I have Ico, but I haven't played it. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Bump, cause I decided to update the game in the database, and for newbies who haven't seen this shrine of glory to one of the greatest games ever conceived ... EVAR.

amazing game, just like ico in its brilliance.

This and Ico are two of my favourite games. Along with Ico its one of the very few games I think comes close to achieving true art as an experience. I almost wish they'd give it a graphics update and re-release on PS3 I'd buy it again in a second.

Critically (in the manner of film criticism, i.e. assessing the individual elements and the whole they create) I also think this is a pretty much perfect game as was Ico.

Can't wait to see what this team deliver on the PS3.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

My very favorite PS2 game. There is nothing greater than taking on something 20x your size in a video game. When I heard Team Ico was working on a PS3 project I almost jumped out of my seat. I hope its Shadow of the Colossus 2. Imagine how epic it would be.

Played this game, and loved this games. Best f(_)cking gane ever.

Man, i hope the new game that ICO is making for the Ps3 is a sequel for Shadow of the Colossus.

SotC is brilliant. Sure, the rendering engine chugs now and then - the team pushed the PS2 to its limit in terms of visuals, but my what visuals they are - a realistic horse, realistic countryside, and those amazing colossi, occult conglomerates of animal and metal, half dream and half nightmare, like the mutant offspring of Cthulu and Hello Kitty, all backed by marvelous music and sound-track.

What SotC's designers got right - and this is something which I wish more game firms paid attention to - is that videogaming is not, I repeat, NOT an exercise in thumb-twitching. That's pinball, not videogaming. Videogames are a narrative art-form. What SotC did was to anticipate the free-roaming games of the current generation -- e.g. Assassin's Creed or Uncharted, where the emphasis is on creating the narrative experience of a particular game-world.

I never liked the game myself, but it has a simply stunning art style and general look! Best looking PS2 game imo.

I hope we will soon the same kind of game from the ICO creators :).