By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ode to Shadow of the Colossus (Spoilers & Death of 56k)

WEWdeadeye said:
Should I get this game? I always wanted to play it, and I bet it would look even better on my PS3. Is hard to find a copy of?

I can find it easy don't know about you.

Around the Network

game is amazing. nothing more needs to be said.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Its an excellent game, but merely good when compared to the marverlous ICO.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

"""Rubbish controls, constant framerate issues and an awful camera killed the game for me. ""

==> on my PS2 all was perfect, no frame rate issue, control ok, camera ok

where to find it :

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-74722-Shadow-the-Colossus/dp/B0009I6S0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195958422&sr=1-1

only 20$ the news copy.

Time to Work !

Anyone who didn't have frame rate issues with this game has a very weird idea of what a good frame rate is. Drops in frame rate were pretty drastic at times, but then again they often worked in a dramatic manner, say a colossus slammed its foot in the ground right next to you, and at the same moment the game went into slow motion. You'd almost think they planned it that way. =P

I really enjoyed this game due to its epicness and uhh.. think it deserves to have me write about it in the morning when I can think straight.

Around the Network

I love this game! I bought it a year ago, but still haven't finished it, because I can't find the 13th Colossi, and it feels so cheap when I look stuff up on GameFAQs. I still haven't finished REmake for the same reason.

My only gripe with the game was that some of the Colossi weren't epic enough. The Wall Shadow and Flame Guardian didn't give me that sense of "awe" that many of the others did. I wish there would've been more like the Sleeping Giant.

Btw, how did y'all beat the Flame Guardian? After I got him to fall of the ledge the first time and then jumped on him, I couldn't figure out what to do. I just ran my ass off across the area with the little lagoons, until I eventually ended up on the cliff on the other side. He wouldn't follow me up for some reason, so I went around and jumped on his back. I spent like 10 min. just running around trying to get away from him, lol.

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
I know I am alone on this one, but I hate this game. Well, I still respect you Dolla.

I played the game until the horse giant. That was the point when I thought that the gameplay would probably not change much for the rest of the game. Rubbish controls, constant framerate issues and an awful camera killed the game for me.

Sorry Dolla, the game just played schlecht. But my opinion shouldn't stop you from enjoying the game.

I'll give you the camera issues, but the controls were fine, and I had no framerate problems that I can remember.

This game is definitely one of my all-time favorites; a vast epic featuring an incredibly immersive and atmospheric world and some of the best visual design on the PS2, bar none. The frame rate drops were of course unfortunate, but were a small price to pay for the amazing, emotional experience this game offers.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

definitely absolutely amazing game. when i first started playing it i was pissed cuz i realized all you do is fight 16 bosses, theres no actual game, just bosses. but as i played through it i realized the grandeur of the whole thing and it is truly epic. its a weird game. so devoid of classic ideas about what makes a game good yet that is what makes it so unique and so incredibly good. yeah the controls aren't that tight, and the framerate slows down some, and the camera sometimes doesn't work too well, but those things do nothing to lessen the greatness of the game. now i just need to get my hands on ico!

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

The game is good but I wanted to beat it quickly and by wanting to do so, I ended up using a walkthrough.
It completely screwed my whole gaming experience, since then I have never used a walkthrough again.