By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis 2 Lead Writer Slams Killzone 2 Graphics

I love this guy, not only is he calm and answers the questions he are posed like anyone else, but all of his answers are completely twisted into flamebait!

It's like J.R.R. Tolkien saying he isn't a fan of Final Fantasy, and every FF-fan in the world interpretes it as him hating Final Fantasy.

Gotta love fanboys some times.

Around the Network

The poor man has a lot to learn about how the forums work, and what they do with honest answers to wicked questions

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Ping_ii said:
LOL!!! so far

*MW2 is a disappointment
*halo story is bullshit
*Crysis in alpha slamed KZ2 graphics

whats next? find out in the next chapter of "I like to talk shit!"

MW2 - true

Halo - more or less yes

KZ2 - chances are he is right

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

ameratsu said:

Where does he slam Killzone 2 exactly? He says his game looks better. That's it.

Kinda off topic, but this "story" exemplifies exactly what I hate about the current state of gaming media. Start with a developer making a fairly benign quote. No big deal right? Oh wait, some shitty no-name gaming site author is going to blow it out of proportion to rile up fanboys. Add in a hiphopgamer quote, some bad grammar, and drivel about AAA games to make a complete waste of everybody's time.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

he probably saw the PC build lol seriously there is nothing really inflammatory in that quote. And he is not exactly an unknown writer ether. And finally what is an AAA game now first it was a game that was a big budget main focus game, then it was a meta score above 90 (sometimes 95+ but not that often) now it's above Crysis?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

If Crytek can back up this guys trash talk, Crysis 2 is going to be phenomenal.

on pc maybe, on consoles way below.

ameratsu said:

Where does he slam Killzone 2 exactly? He says his game looks better. That's it.

Kinda off topic, but this "story" exemplifies exactly what I hate about the current state of gaming media. Start with a developer making a fairly benign quote. No big deal right? Oh wait, some shitty no-name gaming site author is going to blow it out of proportion to rile up fanboys. Add in a hiphopgamer quote, some bad grammar, and drivel about AAA games to make a complete waste of everybody's time.

this.

he doesn't slam Killzone 2 graphics, he says that is will surpass KZ2 graphics. sounds pretty reasonable to me, Killzone is well over a year old now.

Although he doesn't comment on God of War 3 or Unchartered 2. maybe it'll be on par with those.

As for the other statements, i think he's bang on. Halo is overrated and Modern Warfare 2 was a immense disappointment.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

blaydcor said:
You know, every single one of these "slams" or "attacks" are mildly worded responses to questions posited by interviewers.

Exactly what I was thinking. He was asked about Killzone's graphics and responded with "Crysis 2 surpasses them". How is that a slam?

Crypto139 said:
This guy sure knows how to hype a game - instead of prompting why our game is going to be awesome, lets explain why all the competition is sh*t

1. Halo is bullsh*t
2. Modern Warfare 2 was an immense disappointment
3. Better graphics than Killzone 2

Whats he gonna say next, MGS4's storyline wasn't quite in depth enough

Now you're just being silly. The only thing wrong with MGS4 is not enough cutscenes.

Interestingly the question was asked RE KZ2 AND Uncharted 2 and GoWIII yet he chose to compare Crysis 2 to the oldest of those 3 games. I guess he might claim that KZ2 is the graphical king out of those 3 games, but I think he'd have a hard time coming off as convincing vs. GoWIII at least.

But what he really needs to do is slam the actual competition, which isn't any particular game, but rather the alternate and current gold standard licenced game engine, being the Unreal Engine. Now if/when he calls Gears 1 and 2 last gen jag fests and the best that UE3 can put out then we'll know the real war of words has started. Everything else is just blowing smoke.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix