By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis 2 Lead Writer Slams Killzone 2 Graphics

even if this game does look good. i dont think any game this gen is gona look better than killzone 2 in alpha stage. also he needs to remember there are also game like ffxiii which are graphical master peices because they hav such an amazing art direction. in my opinion i think crysis 2 will look better than kz2 but get it ass wipd by u2 and gow3

Around the Network
waron said:
perpride said:
that's a way to make people play a game they would otherwise never even look at

that's was the success of killzone 2 in the first place. bellow average game with terrible singleplayer that makes Halo 3 campaign look like an rpg and bad controls, but hey it was ps3 exclusive and had great graphics for a console game that was made by sacrificing everything else.

i will give benefit of the doubt cause unlike Guerilla Games they proven already that they can make amazing games and current footage of 360 version of Crysis 2 and their engine on consoles is simply amazing. 

sony fans can talk shit, but what they shown on GDC when they were presenting CryEngine 3 was running straight from 360 and that footage already looked way better than killzone 2 with physics that blew pretty much everything ever made on consoles to date.

lol you do know even if the engine is the most powerful thing ever the game might not match it. look at god of war 3. the current best looking consol game to date and yet that only uses 50% of its engine

This is like a social experiment to see how much gamers will overreact to something that a person didn't even do.

waron said:
jneul said:
waron the GOW fans will destroy you for saying that, lol, GOW III is amazing and I agree it does some very familiar things but, it looks totally awesome:):)
OT: I agree with the things they have said about MW2 and Halo, but seriously I will have to wait and see how it looks and performs on my PS3 before saying crysis 2 is better than Killzone 2, I am glad we have a proper multi-platform engine now:):)

that's why i sad that God of War 3 is great in art and level design but technically is below average.

You can't say a game is below average and not show any examples of anything better. Show me a game of a similar genre that look's better than God of War 3. I'd also like to add, you've been very annoying lately with your Sony bashing and I'm honestly surprised you haven't been banned yet. If you have such a grudge against a gaming console, I'd recommend not visiting any thread's even related to that certain console.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Well Let's see if the story is Oscar worthy? *Looks at GTA 4*

Around the Network

He didn;t slam killzone 2 graphcs, he said he surpassed them. That's very possible, the beautiy of killzone 2 was in the post processing effects, it's possible Crysis has higher rez textures of more polygons, that's not the issue, but will the game actually look and play better than killzone 2? will the post effects be as crisp and jaw dropping, doubtful but not impossible, killzone is a year old, I for one certainly hope graphics keep improving, doesn't everyone else? He also never said it was better than gow or uncharted, each of which is the best in a certain area. As far as graphics go. Killzone - best post processing, Uncharted - best environments, GOW - best character visuals. That said, Uncharted 2 wins outright as the best looking most detailed graphics, the environments, characters, post effects, everything is top notch. It's hard to blieve a third party will beat sony's programmers so i believe Crysis two may push more detail, but will sacrifice the quality of effects.

He's not slamming it, he's just pointing out that Crysis 2, in it's Alpha stage looks much better, which is just reiterating what the media has already said about it.

CVG said it's the best looking console game ever seen and Crysis 2's visuals are so impressive that wanted to check the game wasn't being run on a "Nuclear powered PC"

*A week from now*

Crysis 2 PR: The game is shaping up great. It's going to be a really fun experience!

Gaming Journalists: Crysis 2 Devs slams every game in existence by claiming to be the Citizen Kane of gaming! (Please visit out site!)

lol i am not going to buy the PS3 version of crysis 2 thats for sure xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I'm locking this due to the horribly misleading title even if it was a copy/paste from another news source.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)