By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Break Capcom's Expectations?

leo-j said:
Maybe.

that being a small maybe and a little yes

Around the Network

http://www.wiiwii.tv/2007/10/10/germany-bans-resident-evil-umbrella-chronicles/

Basically, that artical says that the Germany Software Rating Board refused to give the game a rating (not even an 18+) and so it was banned from retail in the country. Is that Capcom's fault? No, and I don't see a problem when you guys can surely so easily just import a copy from Austria?

Doesn't look like it's going to be holding this game back anyway.

i'm not saying that the games arwe being banned, just altered so that they can be accepted, for instance, find me a game that show blood, not ooze coming out of bodies. Next thing is that in Germany you couldn't buy games with nazi flags in them. That's how wolfenstein 3d was taken off the market, remember? On another note, don't be such a crybaby, just order the game from another country.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Wojtas said:
i'm not saying that the games arwe being banned, just altered so that they can be accepted, for instance, find me a game that show blood, not ooze coming out of bodies. Next thing is that in Germany you couldn't buy games with nazi flags in them. That's how wolfenstein 3d was taken off the market, remember? On another note, don't be such a crybaby, just order the game from another country.

didn't they have no gears of war for same reason?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wojtas said:

were call of duty's ever released there

Around the Network

I say about 800k to 1.2M for this game world wide by Feb.

"Like you know"

RolStoppable said:
Wojtas said:

The new/remade Gamecube Resident Evil games (0, 1, 4) were all released uncensored in Germany (except for the missing bonus games in RE4, Mercenaries and Assignment Ada, the main game is intact).

But I agree with the last sentence (minus the crybaby). Faxanadu, order the game from another country.

I think Rol has it right. Plenty of gore in the RE4 version I have. About additional content - still not there in the wii version of RE4?

On importing, no thank you. I usually buy games when I am at a store. If its not there, I wont buy it. I just grab them by how I feel and when I want it. Getting through all this online stuff is too much hustle for me and not worth it for most games. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Umbrella Chronicles isn't a must have game, but it is a LOT of fun. Especially in co-op. I like it much better than I thought I would.

Frozenfuryblade said:
It looks like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is off to a good start, but can it break Capcom's sales predictions of 620,000 copies sold worldwide?

Given first-week Japanese sales of about 100,000, it will probably get to at least 175,000-200,000 in Japan. I think when you add in just U.S. sales you will meet their target this holiday season, and then you have EU sales. I think it has a great shot at 1 million WW and Capcom will be thinking sequel ASAP (they always do!).

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Frozenfuryblade said:
It looks like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is off to a good start, but can it break Capcom's sales predictions of 620,000 copies sold worldwide?

Of course it will.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition was the first test. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is the second.

Think of RE4:Wii edition as the pop quiz. RE:UC as the SAT.

Next will be Resident Evil 5 on Wii.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!