By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Break Capcom's Expectations?

You know it's not Capcoms' decision about not releasing the game? Blame the overly politicaly correct country (Germany in this case) for the situation.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

how so?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Well you know of Germanys view on such things as violence, blood and other nasty things in games? Well that kind of attitude holds back devs from even considering putting a game on the market, especially completely gory games like RE titles. Hell if someone tried to censor my work i would pull it form the market.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Oh easily. After first week sales of just America and Japan it's sold 230k. Not to mention perfect timing of release its going straight into a holiday season. Also another plus on its side is RE4: Wii Edition is still hot giving it a good brand on the market which will up sales. And of course when it gets up in sales from Europe/other it'll easily sell more than 600k. Will do it by the end of this year easy and may be platinum by the end of the year as well.

But of course I'm talking solely about sales. Shipment wise it'll crush it. It's probably shipped 200k each already to Japan and America. Just going by sales and demand. It releases in Europe/Other and bam you already have it in probably launch shipments.

I think 1M is very reasonable considering the strong launch, and the legs of the most similar game I can think of. Launching right before the holidays can't hurt either. I'm pretty sure it'll do well, now that I found out it isn't bundled with the zapper after all.

Around the Network

Yea its really not Capcom's fault, it's your government's fault. Seriously if you can speak and read another language then just buy a copy online.

Parokki said:
I think 1M is very reasonable considering the strong launch, and the legs of the most similar game I can think of. Launching right before the holidays can't hurt either. I'm pretty sure it'll do well, now that I found out it isn't bundled with the zapper after all.

Oh yes launching before the holidays is always a good thing, if your at the top of the bunch like RE:UC.  Meaning dropoffs are almost nonexistent.  And will possibly even see rises over launch sales.  So Capcom picked a great time to launch RE:UC.

Wojtas said:
Well you know of Germanys view on such things as violence, blood and other nasty things in games? Well that kind of attitude holds back devs from even considering putting a game on the market, especially completely gory games like RE titles. Hell if someone tried to censor my work i would pull it form the market.

aaaah, thats true. never seen any kind of RE game here in Germany, except for RE0, 1, 2, 3, 4, Code Veronica, Outbreak - oh wait. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

but i read at gonintendo it wasnt capcoms fault

Maybe.

mM