By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The First in-game shots of Crysis 2 are no where near KZ2

If that is seriously an ingame screenshot from the main build, it is truly sad. There are several other games that look just as good if that's the case.
Crytek are full of hot air anyway so I won't be surprised.
The textures in Crysis were actually quite poor when you got close (trees, rocks, shrubbery, walls, vehicles etc) and this looks to have the same type of mesh, looks horrible up close.
The weapon detail is nice though and it is impossible to speak of the character models with the enemies that far off in the distance so it might not be all bad.

Again; if those are true ingame shots, its sad indeed.

Around the Network

Meh, I'm more eager to see how much the PC version has been improved over Crysis/Warhead. I'd at least hope the gameplay and story is better though.

Mummelmann said:
If that is seriously an ingame screenshot from the main build, it is truly sad. There are several other games that look just as good if that's the case.
The textures in Crysis were actually quite poor when you got close (trees, rocks, shrubbery, walls, vehicles etc) and this looks to have the same type of mesh, looks horrible up close.
The weapon detail is nice though and it is impossible to speak of the character models with the enemies that far off in the distance so it might not be all bad.

it's like MW2 then,,,everything looks pretty but when you get upclose the textures are horrible 2D low res pictures

SpartanFX said:
Mummelmann said:

it's like MW2 then,,,everything looks pretty but when you get upclose the textures are horrible 2D low res pictures

so does KZ2...

Even if you are just looking at multiplatform open world games, I think Red Dead Redemption looks far better

It is very disappointing, but there is plenty of time until release

Around the Network

Wow! That was a real let down, but a bit expected actually. The PC version will look awesome no doubt, but judgeing from those pics the console version is a big dissapointment, not even close to the best PS3 exclusives.

lol never in hell it's looking that bad.

Ldn.se said:
There was a theread yesterday by RAZurrection:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106473&page=1&str=1731865327#37
Quote:
"But the real takeaway here is the sentence we opened up with. If you remember only one thing from this, make it so: Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom."

Excluding PS3 exclusives should have been said.

Nope including PS3 exclusives. Go read the article's headline.

eliasg said:
SpartanFX said:
Mummelmann said:

so does KZ2...

no,,,there are few surfaces that have flat textures but not most of them,,,,ground texture is high res 3D in KZ2 but In MW2 is a flat texture

and here is MW2: see how flat the surface of ground texture is

Barozi said:

lol never in hell it's looking that bad.

Ldn.se said:
There was a theread yesterday by RAZurrection:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106473&page=1&str=1731865327#37
Quote:
"But the real takeaway here is the sentence we opened up with. If you remember only one thing from this, make it so: Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom."

Excluding PS3 exclusives should have been said.

Nope including PS3 exclusives. Go read the article's headline.

do you have any proof?i have provided the new pictures,,,what about you?are we supposed to listen to your word of wisdom without any proof?

Crytek is working that way, that when they build their games, they are ment for PCs in couple of years, basicaly there isn't a piece of hardware able to run their games at 100% details. They have never bothered with that, since upgrading PCs is just a matter of time. This might very well be a problem when they have to deal with set hw requirements, might be hard to optimalize.

But I seriously doubt those screenshots represent actual game, it looks worse than Xbox launch titles.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising