By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

Oh come now.  FFXIII was always destined to sell more on PS3.  It's been a PS franchise for 2 generations now.  Other SE games would obviously sell much differently.

everything called RPG says otherwise, even tales of vesperia , that released later sold more :p just because of japan.

Around the Network

Why the hell are people so quick to believe this??? There is no source listed, it's from a noname website, and a ridiculous rumor about Breath of Fire being remade by Square Enix instead of Capcom supposedly came from the same source.

Near E3, small, shitty websites will post crap to get hits. This is just another example.

Chris Hu said:
RageBot said:
And anyway - If the game is great - it's great for me!
If the game fails - it's great for me! Since i'm a PS3 fanboy and (unless Versus remains exclusive, and actually is an amazing game) i'd like Square to fail as a company.

As long as they have DQ and FF this will never happen.

And they have done nothing to deserve disaster.

They are one of the few companies that has the guts to experiment with their biggest series and come out with flying colours every time.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Chris Hu said:
RageBot said:
If the game fails - it's great for me! Since i'm a PS3 fanboy and (unless Versus remains exclusive, and actually is an amazing game) i'd like Square to fail as a company.

No one lives forever.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
If true, I guess they don't like sales all that much.

FFXIII has shown where SE need to be if they plan on doing exclusive stuff...

it sure has..... nowhere.

While i agree with that, i think IF they decide to go exclusive (or timed) with any of the 2 HD consoles... PS3 is the one to go to simply because of Japan.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
Chris Hu said:
RageBot said:

No one lives forever.

Both of those franchises are over 20 years old

one of them will be seeing its latest iteration be the highest selling title in the series, worldiwde

The other has seen its latest title become the fastest selling in the series

Both those feats are huge accomplishments and a great sign for a long future for both of those respective series'

@carl2291

you fail again!!!!!

If FF13 was PS360 in Japan it would be at around 2.2 - 2.3 Million right now!

Kowenicki >>>>>>> Carl2291

I don't understand what the SDF is raging about. I read the page and it made it pretty clear that nothing about this said "exclusive." Showing off Japanese games, even if they're not exclusive, sounds exactly like what MS has been doing all generation. I fully expect this to be true.

Now Breath of Fire on the other hand...a compilation of 1 and 2 sounds underwhelming. I mean, they're worth it but what about 3 and 4? And 5? Hell, give me a BoF6 already.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

darthdevidem01 said:

you fail again!!!!!

Did you even read what i put?

I said i agree they should be Multi. But if they were adamant on going Exclusive (or timed) then the logical choice would be PS3.

darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
Chris Hu said:
RageBot said:

No one lives forever.

Both of those franchises are over 20 years old

one of them will be seeing its latest iteration be the highest selling title in the series, worldiwde

The other has seen its latest title become the fastest selling in the series

Both those feats are huge accomplishments and a great sign for a long future for both of those respective series'

@carl2291

you fail again!!!!!

Okay, and Mario was... how many years old before that launch of the DS?

Had Nintendo chosen the "red ocean" path instead fo the blue one, Mario would've died.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

you fail again!!!!!

Did you even read what i put?

I said i agree they should be Multi. But if they were adamant on going Exclusive (or timed) then the logical choice would be PS3.

{HUGS}

@RageBot

Please elaborate on what you are inferring, because SMG sold more than Mario sunshine.