By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Square Enix and Microsoft teaming up again for E3

RageBot said:
bugrimmar said:
to all those hating on square for backing the 360:

what do you want them to do, say no to money?

MS: ey square, you want a few million dollars to make a game (timed) exclusive for us?
Square: hm, but the 360 doesn't sell the types of games we make...

Square thinks for a minute.... : sales = money.. so we want sales.. but if they want to pay us for the money we would make anyway for sales....

Square: how much money is that again exactly?

think about it. sure they want to sell their game. but they only want to sell it to make money. if someone were to pay them the money they were going to make anyway from sales, why not? it's a hell of a lot better too coz the money is going to be there before development, so essentially square has nothing to lose.

Exactly, VP is way to niche to be on a single platform, maybe even to niche to be multiplat, without the kind of financial backing that MS gives them.

So, I much prefer that the 360 will have a timed exclusive for a game i'd like to play in the future, rather than the game not existing at all.

It is very niche in the US. The game sells well in Japan, where the 360 is very niche.

If this ends up being multiplat and having a dual launch I would say it is a very good move on Tri-Aces part, a damn good move, but if they go timed exclusive for something like VP and give it 6months to a year on only the 360 you run the big risk of killing this franchise. I'm not kidding.

Tales of Vesperia was destined to sell big even with a late arrival due to tons of added extras and also the fact that Tales is pretty damn big in Japan. VP doesn't have that same luxury.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

FFVII Remake

And anyway - If the game is great - it's great for me!
If the game fails - it's great for me! Since i'm a PS3 fanboy and (unless Versus remains exclusive, and actually is an amazing game) i'd like Square to fail as a company.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Are the meltdowns really necessary over this?

Yes they are. A good company is going to hell because of some bullshit greedyness.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
And anyway - If the game is great - it's great for me!
If the game fails - it's great for me! Since i'm a PS3 fanboy and (unless Versus remains exclusive, and actually is an amazing game) i'd like Square to fail as a company.

As long as they have DQ and FF this will never happen.

@Jagged Sac

Its more of a worry for Square-Enix & Tri-Ace than meltdowns

They both deserve big success...and in a way they are already putting obstacles in their way.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Actually I would rather see them go down then watch them realize WTF have they been doing all this time....

I'm pretty sure that an estimation of PS3 sales would work its way into payment for a timed exclusive anyway. Oh, and why are people with both consoles complaining about this?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Ping_ii said:
Actually I would rather see them go down then watch them realize WTF have they been doing all this time....

But this would be like what the 3rd time (SO4, The Last Remnant before)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey