By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Apple iPad Review

Damnyouall said:

iPad = iFail

EDIT:

"Fairly awkard to hold and straining after prolonged use."

"lack of Flash support, app multitasking, and a built-in camera"

"Apple is simply asking too much for a first-gen device"

And yet they award it an 8 out of 10 review score.

Exactly what was thinking I was going with 6-7 at most

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
The official site (http://www.apple.com/ipad/) calls it this:

What a stupid way to advertise a product. They're actually calling it magical and then bragging about the $500 price that I will never ever pay for a product that doesn't multi-task.

Least they got the unbelievable price part right. I can not believe teh masses would buy this in the first place let alone for that price.

And I thought PSPgo was a rip-off.

This iPad doesn't even have stereo sound. I can't watch a movie with mono sound.

My first impressions of the device were largely positive. Apple has once again built a product that looks good and feels great in the hand, and the familiar user interface, borrowed from the iPhone and iPod touch, is perfectly suited to the bigger screen.

guys the ipad is not that bad. I was skeptical also, then i want to the apple store and i have to say that i was impressed. At least touch the product before saying something bad about it. Also to people who say there is no use for it or they don't need it, you dont really need a console or T.V. either. But you do want it.

Anyways try out the ipad. Hold it in your hand. It is not that bad as people think it is. Hopefully next week ill be buying one

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
I hope there was a point to this "progress." How does this improve our lives? Isn't a laptop/telephone combo more sensible?

If you own a laptop, then buy an iphone. If you own a desktop, buy an ipad

ZenfoldorVGI said:

My 350 dollar netbook is like an ipad that has much more functionality, but doesn't have touchscreen.....it has Windows though.

The biggest difference is, I can easily create content on my netbook, "like this post, or tools to combat malware, ect" instead of simply consume content.

I don't like the slovenly direction the ipad is taking us.

My thoughts exactly. It is amazing what you can create with a $300 netbook. I work almost exclusively from mine. As for consumption, my netbook comes with a built in stand so I can watch movies without touching it.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

It's too expensive at $499, and I've no idea why they made such a huge device when it's supposed to a mobile device.

I'm on my iPad right now and it's awesome, go ahead and cry about it while I enjoy it

I don't see the point of the iPad personally. It's too big to replace the iPod Touch. And it's too barebones to replace a laptop or netbook. What's the point of it? If I absolutely wanted a uber-portable computer, I'd buy a netbook (now that is an invention with practical use to society). At least that can multi-task and do all the required everyday computer tasks (except play demanding PC games and use other similarly demanding programs). A $500 netbook does far more than an iPad.