By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit in Japan - Hit or Miss?

ClaudeLv250 said:
Banprest3 said:
Ummmmmmmm LOL, a complete miss, an uter MEGA MISS! This trash doesnt even work. YOu tellin me that this thing actually keeps you fit? Standing infront of a TV and balancing youself SLOOOOWLY? Ummmmmmmmmmmm NO. Just go to the gim and exercise you NERDS

This reply clearly shows that Nintendo needs to abandon Wii Fit immediately and get straight to work on Wii Spelling.

Post of the day

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
shams said:
leo-j said:
Miss

I expect that it will sell 200k for first week. And not affect wii sales at all.

Someone want to explain to me how 200k week#1 counts as a "MISS"? Or how 500k for the year (4 weeks) is a"MISS"?

Is PES on the PS3 a "miss", if it does less than 200k week#1? What about Dynasty Warriors?

And where does that leave R&C, EoJ, LAIR, H&S...? Super, uber, mega miss?

What constitutes a HIT? 1m week #1?

WiiSports did 180k week#1 - which was also launch week - in Japan. Guess that must be a horrible MISS, with its 2.2m sales in 12 months. Nintendo must be crying themselves silly over those "miss" sales...

It's not just a matter of how much a game sell, but how much you could expect it to sell.

Take SMG. It bombs (at least for now) because it's a) a famous licence, b) a great game getting insane rates, c) on the best selling console (not portable) of the moment.

DW is a hit because, dispite famous licence, it's an average game on a console that is not selling very well.

Back to Wiifit, I think it will be a hit on the long term, because "moms" won't all rush on the first week.

hrm, it's dropped to #3 on amazon now.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:

When you go to the actual WiiFit page on Amazon and ask for the English version it states:

Availability: Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available. 

Sounds like they're sold out at the moment.

Wii Fit? No...

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
frybread said:

When you go to the actual WiiFit page on Amazon and ask for the English version it states:

Availability: Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available. 

Sounds like they're sold out at the moment.

You're right, it's in stock again, and has retaken the #1 spot.

It's a hit.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I wouldn't put much value on Amazon JP results. The list rarely resembles Famitsu or M-Create lists.

This will obviously be a hit. It's going to be the next Brain Training. That game sold what, 45k first week? Maybe the higehr price/need for an accessory is going to hurt it a little, but chances are slim if any of the other balance board games turn out to be worth owning. Really, WiiFit (and SMG) are still going to be selling next Christmas and very likely the Christmas after that. Who cares if it doesn't burn up the charts the first week when it's bound to sell millions in its lifetime?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

It'll be a hit but I just wonder if many of the non-gamers buying it will stick around for the long term.

Legend11 said:
It'll be a hit but I just wonder if many of the non-gamers buying it will stick around for the long term.

I don't think Nintendo cares that much as long as they get a Wii sold. They can always come back for the same crowd wih Wii Fit 2: Return of Gym Smell or something.

Wii Fit has "Brain Training"-potential and I'm very curious how the first weekends sale will look. Instant hit or long legs? Or a whimper? 

dlundh

Fair and Balanced - Casual Gamer Extraordinaire