By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony bought Apple?

Asmo said:

Sony should buy Microsoft, Nintendo and Apple and they would be the master of the world. I wonder why Sony's CEO didn't think of that before.

And rename is SKYNET

Around the Network

"It's a learning computah!" - T100

Indeed, I suppose Sony could probably buy Russia too. Then, with the addition of vodka tonic mixer, the PS3 would to everything. Also, I agree with gnac.

then we would have at least 4 jobs to buy stuff from them..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Sony couldn't afford Apple, that's just ridiculous. How would Apple benefit from merging with Sony? It wouldn't. They compete in certain markets, and in most of those Apple does better.

SmokedHostage said:
Sony can't buy Apple, if anything Apple can buy Sony.

That itsn't quite true, the simple fact that Sony has 180k employees, and Apple has 34k should give some indication of their relative sizes

Sony's revenue is nearly double that of Apple

Around the Network

Apple, in terms of marketcap, is bigger than the entire video game industry outside Microsoft. And Apple will pass Microsoft to be the largest tech company in the world, by marketcap, probably by this fall.

Google should be bought too.

I'm thinking about making an offer, but I better be quick though, before sony make their move.

Munkeh111 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Sony can't buy Apple, if anything Apple can buy Sony.

That itsn't quite true, the simple fact that Sony has 180k employees, and Apple has 34k should give some indication of their relative sizes

Sony's revenue is nearly double that of Apple

Sony current market is currently 37 Billion dollars.

Apple has 40 Billion+ dollars CASH ON HAND sitting in banks.  Employees and revenue dont matter, what matters is what the marketplace values companies.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106207&page=1&str=921140397#

That will happen =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

If it happened, Nintendo would just keep doing what they're doing. They wouldn't buy Sega of all things.