By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony bought Apple?

aus45 said:

If its assets sony still has more then enough with 230.5 billion and apple with 47.5 billion

Nope, not total assets, current assets. The assets that are either cash or cash equivalents, liquid or easy to liquidate assets. For example, land, buildings, ships, trucks, etc. make up a whole bunch of Sony's assets, and none of those are even remotely liquid. If they tried to sell off enough to buy Apple, they would take such a loss that their shareholders would sell everything and probably sue them.

Around the Network
Asmo said:

Sony should buy Microsoft, Nintendo and Apple and they would be the master of the world. I wonder why Sony's CEO didn't think of that before.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.  Gold!

Neither Sony nor Apple could afford to buy eachother. Maybe some years ago during the antitrust trials Sony could afford Apple, now they are much more powerful.

And for all the joksters out there. Sony is still much bigger than Apple!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I think Sony should buy me. I'm much more affordable and I might prove to be a better investment in the long run!

And I didn't realize that Apple's market cap had risen to such ridiculous heights. They make lots of cool devices and programs, sure, but running next to Wal-Mart in the middle of a downturn? I don't think that can last.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
I think Sony should buy me. I'm much more affordable and I might prove to be a better investment in the long run!

So, how much is your ass worth?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
XGamer0611 said:
MrBubbles said:
shouldnt the title be: If Apple bought Sony?

I agree with the stament above. Sony can't afford apple.

i think neither the other way around without a huge sacrifice

MikeB said:
famousringo said:

So, how much is your ass worth?

Make me an offer. The bidding starts at 1 million, but I should warn you that there are some people at Revenue Canada who think my ass belongs to them.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

haha sony as a whole isn't doing that well and apple is a billion dollar company so this idea would be a dream

its pretty much like me saying that game stop is going to buy wall mart

Lol i don't think it a good idea at all. Apple is way to good on their own.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

While we are dreaming, let's pretend that Sony came out with the iPod and not Apple. Oh how things would be different.

Personally, I think the Sony iPod would be cheaper and be able to do more. There would not be a Sony app store though.