By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony bought Apple?

Munkeh111 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Sony can't buy Apple, if anything Apple can buy Sony.

That itsn't quite true, the simple fact that Sony has 180k employees, and Apple has 34k should give some indication of their relative sizes

Sony's revenue is nearly double that of Apple

Cineplex theaters bought Famous players here in canada.

Cineplex had about 1/10th the theaters in the country that famous players had ... Company size doesn't matter.

Around the Network

The iPod Touch would only have 1 analog stick.

Idk why everyone is saying sony cant afford apple. They can, Sony is a huge company which has a revenue of 79.6 billion and apples revenue is 42.9 billion. Will apple accept an offer? The odds of them are are like a million to one

MrBubbles said:
shouldnt the title be: If Apple bought Sony?

indeed.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Where is Sony going to get the cash to buy it from?

Around the Network

Apple is the company with the 4th most market valuation in the West..
Only Exon, Microsoft and Wall Mart are worth more and Apple was on the verge of passing Wall Mart the day the IPad released....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I'm not sure everyone here is clear on how to tell if a company has a lot of money or not. Revenue is most certainly NOT the deciding factor. Current assets would be a better "easy" factor to look at, although to really tell you would need to do a lot more compliacated ratios that require the companies annual statements.

...but then, out of nowhere Ninendo jumps out and takes a bid for Apple! next comes MS with it's big bags of money and outbids both Sony and Nintendo, and now all Apple's bases are belong to MS

now it's my turn: what if everyelse just bought each other? now that's a much more interesting senario imo

If its assets sony still has more then enough with 230.5 billion and apple with 47.5 billion

aus45 said:

If its assets sony still has more then enough with 230.5 billion and apple with 47.5 billion

Sony would have to liquidate enormous parts of their business to b able to buy Apple, and even then Apple probably owuldn't take the offer.