By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just finished Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. Great fun!

I love playing video games.  It really is a great way to relax and think about something else than work.

So, with that in mind, I just want to share some of my toughts on Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for the Wii.  Here we go:

First off, the story is on the level of the ones from the movies.  I really wanted to see it to the end.
Secondly, they really did capture the Indiana Jones character.  He acts like the one in the movies.
And, they also really pay hommage to the original material with great scenes in the tradition of the movies.

The graphics are just ok but they get the job done.
The controls WORK FINE and ALL THE TIME.  No problems from beginning to end.
The QTE are all well integrated in the game, so are the gunfighting scenes.

The biggest downside is the fact that you cannot skip the cutscenes.  I want to play trough again, but the prospect of seeing all this without being able to skip may be too much.  Another downside is the length.  Around 6 to 7 hours to complete the game.  But, you can go back and play all the chapters you want.

And finally, there is the adventure game Fate of Atlantis.  I have not tried it yet, but I do remember it from playing it some time ago.  I will try it again this week.

That's it.  One more thing, I got it at a bargain price (under 20$) and it was worth it.  Good investment.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

Cool. I may dip eventually.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I will get it when it drops under 10 USD and I have free time.

I only played this game until I unlocked the Fate of Atlantis. I had some serious gameplay issues with the "main game."

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It's a decent romp. Hardly mindblowing, but a fine rental.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

i stop in the middle , but now that you reminds me of it , i may try to get to end , i mean i will do that after beat fragile and Red steel 2 and Pikimin 2 (oh my i also thinking about getting my self the first mass effect to PC) Too many wii game play ...Thats awesome !! and we even get MH3 ...or galaxy 2 ....yeah this IS the year of the wii

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Shonen said:
i stop in the middle , but now that you reminds me of it , i may try to get to end , i mean i will do that after beat fragile and Red steel 2 and Pikimin 2 (oh my i also thinking about getting my self the first mass effect to PC) Too many wii game play ...Thats awesome !! and we even get MH3 ...or galaxy 2 ....yeah this IS the year of the wii

It's certainly not must have, but I think beat'em up and Indy fans will find a lot of fun. The game has a good amount of variety which keeps it fairly fresh from beginning to end. If you didn't have major issues with the controls you should try and fine the time. Its weird this is certainly a take it or leave it title. I had a few friends who claimed it was nearly unplayable due to the control scheme. For me it pretty spot on, though maybe overly complex.

Edit:

Mass Effect 1 for PC is a pretty good game, but wait for a Steam sale. I think it was $9.99 (US) a while back which is a steal. Sadly it isn't the strongest port ever, but way better than many of them and totally playable. 

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

It sold well enough (still is now)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The Fate of Atlantis is the only reason I'd consider buying this game.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

played this on psp i don't know if wii version is different but it was terrible experience. it felt like playing Wario Ware on the wii when you follow series of minigames on and on.