By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How bad is your country?

marioblazer said:
Australia and the wii and ds rulz. 360 popular but ps3 and psp are laughed at.

shrimpy_boy 11: in australia nintendo advertises heaps but you dont see ms or sony ads at all.

still hate how games take forever to get to countries that dont seem to make matter. maybe i should move to the US

wow really thats the complete opposite here. Halo 3 was bashed to our TV's nation wide and on the News, Heavenly Sword was played a million times and now we keep getting Call Of Duty ads for PS3/360. And we keep getting those "seeing is believing" ads for PS3 and now there is a PS3 ad with this chick dancing in bright blue skin tights (weird). Theres nothing on for the Wii and DS. sorry for my constent whinging.

I suppose NZ is such a tiny country it doesnt matter really lol

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Around the Network

I'm from Ireland (republic) which is very like the UK market

In handhelds ds is well ahead but psp has a ok fan base

Ps3 is far behind and the top spot is being battles between 360 and wii but seeing as how the wii is sold out everywhere Id say the wii most definetely has it

ps2 still has to much store space

makingmusic476 said:
I'm in the US, and it bugs the crap out of me, because everywhere I go I see Hal.! It's all Halo Halo Halo! On Mountain Dew bottles, on t-shirts, on cardboard cutouts in stores. Everytime my friends talk about gaming, it's usualy about Halo. Whenever my friends want to get together and play something, it's Halo.

And if it's not Halo, it's CoD4, GeoW, or Source. Out of all those, Source is the only one I play semi-regularly.

I swear I'm the only person in the US that doesn't salivate over shooters.  Also, you can see why the 360 sells so well here. ^^

Sounds like you need some new friends.  Don't know if it's just my part of the country, age group, demographic or what... but of my friends that like videogames... they actually like a varied genres of games.

I live in Romania ... the PS brand is the strongets from all , the PSP is much more popular than the DS , but because of HUGE piracy issues you wont see many original games on shelves . Still , the PSP at least has a shelve ... :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

How bad is my country?  

Super bad. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Now that Rudd is Prime Minister my country sucks.

Australia seems to favour the Wii and obviously the DS, 360 is more popular here than other countries too.

no place sux more then where i live..
i live in bahrain in the middle east.. every one is just a ps2 fan and they call all consoles playstation (xbox, GC,Gameboy, EVERY THING EVEN HANDHELDS).

the 2 and 2 games they know is proevolution or winning eliven.
the wii nunchuck and remote cost about 195$
the wii is like 1150$ and with one free game ! other then wii sport ! YAY !
and ps3 and xbox are like 600$ to 700$ but obviously every one has ps2 cuz the only game they play is pro evolution or winning eliven..