By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 Platform speculation.

I think the PS3 would be nice for Persona 5! I think it would be a little risky to put it on more than one console

Around the Network
SMT said:
PhoenixKing said:
There shouldn't be anymore Persona... ever. It's a terrible series and just brings Megaten down. They should focus on more SMT games and maybe a sequel for Devil Survivor.

Surely you jest. I think core SMT games are superior but the Personas make them more profit. Just go compare the sales of Persona 4 and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga. I just hope I can kick some DEMON- ass on mah PS3 someday.

Nocturne got a re-print in 2008. So it's actually still selling due to the increasing demand.

Hm... Possible spoilers for Persona 4 below..

And, I couldn't stand P4. Poor villain with next to no sound reasoning for what was caused, a bunch of forcible moralistic dribble about a mary-sue character (Especially annoying to deal with because kids starve and die in third world countries everyday), and too much focus on the belief that justice can always prevail. It was just poor storytelling.

Then, on a more practical note, once you get the True ending, the person in the fog no longer makes any sense because nobody was against the continued saving of people. ALL the possible suspects of being this person WANTED the cycle of the party saving people to continue.

I admit, I am rather harsh on the game's flaws and that's partly due to the fact they couldn't stop talking about Nanako for two sentences near the end of the game, but I just found the whole thing poorly contrived by the end of the game and felt very disappointed. It felt like a Megaten that went against the initial themes of human weakness while trying to give everyone a personal touch to better understand their feelings.

By the end of the game, it was more-so a typical JRPG ending about discovering truth when all they characters really did was go back to their social situations but stopped complaining about them as if their emotions weren't relevant. Either that, or forcibly try to give too much sympathy to just one side of the two opposing forces like those random paparazzi in Yukiko's social link.

Doesn't matter which it is, I will most prob will end up getting it anyways

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Soriku said:
johnappseed84 said:
Soriku said:
johnappseed84 said:

There were over 120 million people that bought PS2's last gen. And a recent article on this forum said that 39% of the people that still say they're interested in getting GTA 4 haven't bought a current gen system yet.

You're thinking about GT5 not GTA4...

Well, there's also a group of 360 owners that wouldn't have bought a 360 if GTA4 wasn't on there and if it had been a PS3 exclusive some 360 owners would have bought a PS3 to play it.

Sure, but not all, and definitely not enough to have a PS3 exclusive GTA4 sell like the older ones.

I am almost certain GTA 4 would have sold at least 10 million as an exclusive on either 360 or PS3.

PhoenixKing said:
There shouldn't be anymore Persona... ever. It's a terrible series and just brings Megaten down.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
PhoenixKing said:

Nocturne got a re-print in 2008. So it's actually still selling due to the increasing demand.

Hm... Possible spoilers for Persona 4 below..

And, I couldn't stand P4. Poor villain with next to no sound reasoning for what was caused, a bunch of forcible moralistic dribble about a mary-sue character (Especially annoying to deal with because kids starve and die in third world countries everyday), and too much focus on the belief that justice can always prevail. It was just poor storytelling.

Then, on a more practical note, once you get the True ending, the person in the fog no longer makes any sense because nobody was against the continued saving of people. ALL the possible suspects of being this person WANTED the cycle of the party saving people to continue.

I admit, I am rather harsh on the game's flaws and that's partly due to the fact they couldn't stop talking about Nanako for two sentences near the end of the game, but I just found the whole thing poorly contrived by the end of the game and felt very disappointed. It felt like a Megaten that went against the initial themes of human weakness while trying to give everyone a personal touch to better understand their feelings.

By the end of the game, it was more-so a typical JRPG ending about discovering truth when all they characters really did was go back to their social situations but stopped complaining about them as if their emotions weren't relevant. Either that, or forcibly try to give too much sympathy to just one side of the two opposing forces like those random paparazzi in Yukiko's social link.

Umm...did you really understand the story?

I was gonna write something but I thought just reading Adachi's and Izanami's wiki was better.

As for why they even went crazy for Nanako, it's because she was innocent but powerful girl that got dragged into the whole thing anyway and was almost gonna die as a result. When they all thought she died, of course they'd react like that. Well yeah of course kids die in third world countries every day, but is that really personal? If you had a kid and the kid died, would you feel as sad as when a kid dies in a third world country? I really doubt that.

Oh I understood it just fine. I just thought it was stupid.

Nanako's parts in the game were so forced near the end that I simply couldn't take it seriously.