By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The worst sequel to a game?

Adventures of Link, Mario 2 (usa), Simon's Quest are the classics crappy sequels! And no, i couldn't beat my own shadow, because I never could play the game for that long.

But the real winner to me is MGS2.
Worst story ever.

Around the Network

Far Cry 2. That game was like an April Fools joke.

JWS said:

mass effect 2.

give me back my rpg bioware

Agreed.

Perfect Dark Zero should be mentioned aswell.

bizarre-galaxy.de - My Browsergame, but sadly only in german :(

You can play as an octopus, though!

Muffin31190 said:
JWS said:

mass effect 2.

Agreed.

Mass Effect 2 was awesome. What you talkin? o.O

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Muffin31190 said:

Alot of people will hate me for this but

Mass Effect 2, i loved the first one so much i thought it did everything just right but the second one took everything away that i loved about the first one and it just lost all the flare and excitment from the first ... Still a Good game but a terrible Sequel IMO.

Halo 3: ODST - Beat the game in six hours .... 6 FU@#IN HOURS, and i collected all of the recordings .... i thought this game was going to be awsome, to see the halo universe from a different perspective, But omg this wasnt even a sequal this was $20 DLC at BEST and they try and justify the purchase with a hugely Flawed Horde mode multiplayer system, and a Multiplayer disc of Halo 3 with all of the Map packs that i had Already Bought ..... This was the Worst Sequel I have ever Played.

ODST is not a sequel....

Besides that you should have informed yourself better what the game offers and what not before purchasing it.

Yeah I should have informed myself better on what the game offered but i never said that i bought it ... (borrowed from a friend)

And how is it not a Sequal, i know the game takes place before the events of Halo 3 but the game was made after the 3rd Halo so that means that it had a plot that was intertwined with a previous game so in my eyes that is atleast a sequal.

MW2

Muffin31190 said:
JWS said:

mass effect 2.

Agreed.

Amen to that too.

Muffin31190 said:
Barozi said:
Muffin31190 said:

Alot of people will hate me for this but

Mass Effect 2, i loved the first one so much i thought it did everything just right but the second one took everything away that i loved about the first one and it just lost all the flare and excitment from the first ... Still a Good game but a terrible Sequel IMO.

Halo 3: ODST - Beat the game in six hours .... 6 FU@#IN HOURS, and i collected all of the recordings .... i thought this game was going to be awsome, to see the halo universe from a different perspective, But omg this wasnt even a sequal this was $20 DLC at BEST and they try and justify the purchase with a hugely Flawed Horde mode multiplayer system, and a Multiplayer disc of Halo 3 with all of the Map packs that i had Already Bought ..... This was the Worst Sequel I have ever Played.

ODST is not a sequel....

Besides that you should have informed yourself better what the game offers and what not before purchasing it.

Yeah I should have informed myself better on what the game offered but i never said that i bought it ... (borrowed from a friend)

And how is it not a Sequal, i know the game takes place before the events of Halo 3 but the game was made after the 3rd Halo so that means that it had a plot that was intertwined with a previous game so in my eyes that is atleast a sequal.

More like a spin-off. Comparable to Halo Wars, but still in the FPS genre.

All main Halo games had something to do with the story of the Master Chief and this one only takes place in one of the cities he came through.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Cheebee said:
Adventure of Link.

Let me guess, you couldn't beat your own shadow?

Not at first no, heck I don't think I even made it to the first temple when I originally got the game. I was like, dunno, way too young and thought it was the hardest game ever. I did finish it, eventually, but not until several years later, when I gave the game another try.

And it's not that I find it a bad game, really. It's just that, compared to the sweet deliciousness that is Zelda 1, it was a far less fun experience. To me. So imo it's the worst kind of sequel. Not because the sequel itself is so bad, but because the game that came before it was so good. To go from such heights in Zelda 1 to such dark deviousness in Zelda 2 felt like a step back. To me.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046