By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The worst sequel to a game?

routsounmanman said:
ioi 2

F**K YOU, THAT GAME WAS AWESOME!!!1 

On topic, though...  If you count Sonic Adventure 2 as a predecessor to Sonic Heroes, then definitely Sonic Heroes. (The game wasn't absolutely horrendous, but Heroes didn't even come close to living up to the standards of SA2... 

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5

A Bad Clown said:
MERCENARIES 2!!!!

winner

Modern Warfare 2. They literally took the best shooting game of this gen (CoD4) and made a buggy, glitchy, piece of shit sequel.

ahem...I say Super Mario Bros. 2 was the worst...and if we want to get technical about the Final Fantasy series then the only TRUE sequel is FF X-2

Around the Network

mass effect 2.

give me back my rpg bioware

Tekken 4

Every NfS after Most Wanted ;)

SickleSigh said:
Mirson said:
leo-j said:
Mirson said:
Devil May Cry 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4

MGS4? ...

I've yet to play a sequel that just sucks compared to the original..

I thought the story and the plot twists were awful, and the drebin points made the game very easy. Also you only got to play the game for 4 hours. There were other things I hated about this game, but it's not coming to me atm. All-in-all, the first three were better, imo.

I'd throw in Crisis Core: FFVII as well, if it counts - terrible gothic poetry dialogue, incredibly easy gameplay (all you have to do is press x; Zack runs to the enemies by himself!). The DMW reel was stupid and annoying when it occurred every five seconds during a boss fight. It felt like the game was the one playing the game. All I ever did was run around in circles until the game entered a modulation phase aka limit break. The game defeated most of the boss fights for me. The only good things about this game were the graphics and soundtrack.

Did you try Crisis Core on hard? I beat it on normal and thought it was too easy like you said. On hard I died a lot and it made it more fun and even a bit frustrating.

Worst sequel like everybody has said DMC2 and Zelda 2 on NES was awful.

I was playing it on hard on my second playthrough, but I sold it very early of my second run because the shitty dialogue was bothering me.

Cheebee said:
Adventure of Link.

Let me guess, you couldn't beat your own shadow?