By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The worst sequel to a game?

Mirson said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Beuli2 said:
Dare I ask what's up with DMC2?

To me, the game was no good. Super easy with no challenge, the violence and fast moves of Dante seemed to have been slowed down in animation so you didn't feel that aggression that the first one had. Visuals were kind of crappy (except for charater models), I am no graphics-whore so when I am talking about visuals I am talking about design of the environment and enemies, etc. Fighting living-tanks? WTF!? There was no atmosphere there for me. The game was too easy. Dante was not Dante. They tried to convert Dante into a bad and silent version of TwoFace from Batman and it sucked more than TwoFace himself (TwoFace was awesome in The Dark Knight though). I know they wanted to picture a more matured Dante in the game but they could have done a better work for sure. The game's difficulty was too easy. Finished the game with Dante and never got to play the second DVD because I really couldn't put myself to do such a task. I really didn't like it.

This is an opinion of course, this is not written in rock.

Pretty much. I'll also add that the weapon selection was crap; there's practically no reason to use another weapon since your default was good enough for the whole game. There was no variety between them. Also, you can beat mostly every boss by equiping your rocket launcher and shooting them from the corner.

Forgot to mention Star Ocean 3. Part 2 was good, but 3, on the other hand...

So true. I recall using the same sword almost the whole game. I think I changed it for another one near the end. I am not that sure, that is how memorable the game was.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Breath of Fire 2.

It is not that I do not like the game, I just enjoyed the others (1, 3, 4, and DQ) so much that 2 just let me down.

Resident Evil 5 and Modern Warfare 2 are also worth noting.

kotr II was by far my most disappointing sequel experience.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

valen200 said:

Can I ask if the incomplete ending had anything to do with it?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Either Deus Ex: Invisible War or Final Fantasy X-2 in my mind. Far Cry 2 is also way, way up there on the list. Jeez, we've had some seriously shitty sequels, haven't we?

lestatdark said:
valen200 said:

Yes and no. The incomplete nature of the game had a lot todo with it. I had hit several bugs , one of which trapped me in a cave until I used an earlier save, and got annoyedbut the overall lack of fucntionalty of much of the game. I never  finished it, but got about 80% of the way. I just didn't care to fight against the game to play it anymore. I liked most of the new characters less. The locations were a lot more linear and allowed for less planet hopping exporation. The staory was ... unimpressive overall. I have heard that the nihiluswas a pud and the end kinda sucked, but I just couldn't be bothered to make it that far.

and I forgot about X-2 and dragon quarter. Those were also depressing to play.

edit: To clarify, I played it on my roomate's xbox.The bugs were terrible and if there were patches he never downloaded  them.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

valen200 said:
lestatdark said:
valen200 said:

Yes and no. The incomplete nature of the game had a lot todo with it. I had hit several bugs , one of which trapped me in a cave until I used an earlier save, and got annoyedbut the overall lack of fucntionalty of much of the game. I never  finished it, but got about 80% of the way. I just didn't care to fight against the game to play it anymore. I liked most of the new characters less. The locations were a lot more linear and allowed for less planet hopping exporation. The staory was ... unimpressive overall. I have heard that the nihiluswas a pud and the end kinda sucked, but I just couldn't be bothered to make it that far.

and I forgot about X-2 and dragon quarter. Those were also depressing to play.

edit: To clarify, I played it on my roomate's xbox.The bugs were terrible and if there were patches he never downloaded  them.

You should give the PC version a try then. Not that it should change your opinion, because KOTOR II was indeed a mess in terms of bugs and incomplete nature (it was massively rushed by Obsidian to make it in the announced release date), but there's a Restoration Project which has restored the complete ending (both for Jedi and Sith side) and has restored a lot of content, like the HK droid factory planet.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Devil May Cry 2 I like easy games as much as anyone but DMC2 was way too easy plus the story line was pretty weak compared to the other games in the series.

chrono cross that PoS game had nothing to do with Chrono trigger

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection