By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS to feature 3.4-inch Sharp parallax barrier display?

The main thing that makes me question these specs is that the screen resolution is (roughly) 8 times the resolution of the DS screen. The screen size is reasonable being that it is only somewhat larger than the DS screem (about a 10% increase in size in both dimensions, or a 20% increase in size in one dimension)

Around the Network

It is hard to tell what screen they will finally go with. I can however see them choosing a screen that will be "wide screen"

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Im confused now i thought the 3DS was the joke?Is it real? EXPLAIN!

Ninten78 said:

No, people calling it a joke, was the joke.

3DS is the successor to the DS. Like how the DS was the successor to the GBA, Wii successor to the GameCube etc...

LOL @ those who thought it was a joke... lol....

Anywho, can't wait for E3. This is going to be a great show.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:
Ninten78 said:

No, people calling it a joke, was the joke.

3DS is the successor to the DS. Like how the DS was the successor to the GBA, Wii successor to the GameCube etc...

thankyou

HappySqurriel said:

The main thing that makes me question these specs is that the screen resolution is (roughly) 8 times the resolution of the DS screen. The screen size is reasonable being that it is only somewhat larger than the DS screem (about a 10% increase in size in both dimensions, or a 20% increase in size in one dimension)

The screen resolution seems to be roughly widescreen 480p.

I am hoping that the screen will display 720p or 1080p, I have also heard that you may be able to stream Netflix movies to the DS/3DS.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

HAHAHA people still think the 3DS is a joke? wow can't imagine how disappointed you guys must have been only to be happy again :P

can't wait to see how it looks!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Darc Requiem said:
HappySqurriel said:

The screen resolution seems to be roughly widescreen 480p.

Yes, but if it is like the DS there will be two screens at this resolution and it has to support this resolution while rendering images in 3D; whether one screen or both screens have 3D capabilities. That will require a lot of processing power, especially when you consider that it is a handheld system. Personally, I wouldn't expect the resolution to be this high; and I would think that something in the 320x570 pixel range is more likely.