By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do you remeber MAG? It´s kinda "out of the media.."

geddesmond2 said:

Well Twestern in 2-3 years a game like Mag won't matter because the PS3 would have at least 5-6 other Exclusive FPS and TPS games with online gameplay that people have moved onto. Who knows maybe a Mag 2 could be one of them. Don't hate on games you havn't played or know nothing about. It says a lot about you.

But MAG is still supposed to matter in 2-3 years.  This isn't your average franchise that will have a new version every few years, it's something that is supposed to continual updates and last the rest of the life of the console.  They could do what Valve did with Left4Dead but I'm thinking they'd rather do what they do with TF2.

The game simply can't support that.  I did have the numbers wrong above, but that still doesn't change the fact the game is going to be dead.  I don't care a single bit about other exclusives and I'm not talking quality of MAG (well, I am a little, but just enough that I can use reviews). 

MAG just has so much going against it, anyone that thinks the game will still be even remembered except by the hardcore fans next year and then still being played the year after that is crazy.  There are better multiplayer shooters on the PS3, the game has a large barrier to entry, there is no single player, and it requires a large number of people.  All that together is just a recipe for failure.

The game probably made money so good for it, but it hasn't and likely won't make enough to justify a MAG2.

Around the Network

I think its doing pretty good, number 1 its a new IP, also its a multiplayer game only, and it has been released at a time when there were tons of other great games released like, GOW3, BC2, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, FF, and theres more, but that is a heck of a line up for a new IP to go up against, MAG is close to 1 million in sales already, considering everything that is pretty dam good in my opinion.

twesterm said:
geddesmond2 said:

Well Twestern in 2-3 years a game like Mag won't matter because the PS3 would have at least 5-6 other Exclusive FPS and TPS games with online gameplay that people have moved onto. Who knows maybe a Mag 2 could be one of them. Don't hate on games you havn't played or know nothing about. It says a lot about you.

But MAG is still supposed to matter in 2-3 years.  This isn't your average franchise that will have a new version every few years, it's something that is supposed to continual updates and last the rest of the life of the console.  They could do what Valve did with Left4Dead but I'm thinking they'd rather do what they do with TF2.

The game simply can't support that.  I did have the numbers wrong above, but that still doesn't change the fact the game is going to be dead.  I don't care a single bit about other exclusives and I'm not talking quality of MAG (well, I am a little, but just enough that I can use reviews). 

MAG just has so much going against it, anyone that thinks the game will still be even remembered except by the hardcore fans next year and then still being played the year after that is crazy.  There are better multiplayer shooters on the PS3, the game has a large barrier to entry, there is no single player, and it requires a large number of people.  All that together is just a recipe for failure.

The game probably made money so good for it, but it hasn't and likely won't make enough to justify a MAG2.

lol what better games are there? name 1 game that provides a MAG experience better than MAG,

Well,the media losing interest is just lack of money from Sony fo Ads, but the public has at least two big games to play now( God of War3 and FFXIII), this game will get legs later.I still have to pick my copy.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

hollywood85 said:
twesterm said:
geddesmond2 said:

lol what better games are there? name 1 game that provides a MAG experience better than MAG,

MAG is a fucking great unique gaming expericence on PS3,should sell at least 1.2M sales by now,that's why I say fucking failure advertisement,shitty boxart(Go learn something from MW2 or BC2) and bad screenshots killed the sales,now may the game quality save the sales of MAG.

A 256 players FPS then advertise it like a 256 players FPS.

Around the Network
sbvgc2012 said:
hollywood85 said:
twesterm said:
geddesmond2 said:

MAG is a fucking great unique gaming expericence on PS3,should sell at least 1.2M sales by now,that's why I say fucking failure advertisement,shitty boxart(Go learn something from MW2 or BC2) and bad screenshots killed the sales,now may the game quality save the sales of MAG.

A 256 players FPS then advertise it like a 256 players FPS.

and that's what's wrong with casual gamers, if you played MAG you'd understand it's way more than just 256 players......

What's MAG lol.

2 years from now, MAG will still have an active community.

4 ≈ One

Just played an afternoon of MAG and it's just so awesome a game.

It's been going a little while now and there's a good community who know how to work together, teamwork is just excellent.

i feel sorry for the new guys though, its a hard learning curve to that game, it takes a while to upgrade enough to get a near decent K/D ratio, especially when most people in there are level 50+.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Still thinking about buying it, Liked the beta, and I don't feel attracted to COD 4 (haven't played it..)