By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do you remeber MAG? It´s kinda "out of the media.."

Well I played MAG and think it did great for an average online FPS with a gimmick. I dont think it will die off. It has a dedicated playerbase and the game modes can be tweaked as needed.

Around the Network
hollywood85 said:
twesterm said:
geddesmond2 said:

Well Twestern in 2-3 years a game like Mag won't matter because the PS3 would have at least 5-6 other Exclusive FPS and TPS games with online gameplay that people have moved onto. Who knows maybe a Mag 2 could be one of them. Don't hate on games you havn't played or know nothing about. It says a lot about you.

But MAG is still supposed to matter in 2-3 years.  This isn't your average franchise that will have a new version every few years, it's something that is supposed to continual updates and last the rest of the life of the console.  They could do what Valve did with Left4Dead but I'm thinking they'd rather do what they do with TF2.

The game simply can't support that.  I did have the numbers wrong above, but that still doesn't change the fact the game is going to be dead.  I don't care a single bit about other exclusives and I'm not talking quality of MAG (well, I am a little, but just enough that I can use reviews). 

MAG just has so much going against it, anyone that thinks the game will still be even remembered except by the hardcore fans next year and then still being played the year after that is crazy.  There are better multiplayer shooters on the PS3, the game has a large barrier to entry, there is no single player, and it requires a large number of people.  All that together is just a recipe for failure.

The game probably made money so good for it, but it hasn't and likely won't make enough to justify a MAG2.

lol what better games are there? name 1 game that provides a MAG experience better than MAG,

You mean the best 256 pleyer experience?  Well, I guess MAG wins at that, too bad that doesn't really matter too much.  Once you get past that rush, and it takes longer to get to that than it does to get past it, all you have left is a passable at best shooter.  The field is just a little too crowded for a multiplayer only passable at best shooter to be remembered a year from now.

As far as shooters go, there's Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare, and Killzone 2.  Take your pick, from what I hear from my friends that wet themselves over all things shooters, all of those are infintely better than MAG.

hollywood85 said:
sbvgc2012 said:
hollywood85 said:
twesterm said:
geddesmond2 said:

Well Twestern in 2-3 years a game like Mag won't matter because the PS3 would have at least 5-6 other Exclusive FPS and TPS games with online gameplay that people have moved onto. Who knows maybe a Mag 2 could be one of them. Don't hate on games you havn't played or know nothing about. It says a lot about you.

But MAG is still supposed to matter in 2-3 years.  This isn't your average franchise that will have a new version every few years, it's something that is supposed to continual updates and last the rest of the life of the console.  They could do what Valve did with Left4Dead but I'm thinking they'd rather do what they do with TF2.

The game simply can't support that.  I did have the numbers wrong above, but that still doesn't change the fact the game is going to be dead.  I don't care a single bit about other exclusives and I'm not talking quality of MAG (well, I am a little, but just enough that I can use reviews). 

MAG just has so much going against it, anyone that thinks the game will still be even remembered except by the hardcore fans next year and then still being played the year after that is crazy.  There are better multiplayer shooters on the PS3, the game has a large barrier to entry, there is no single player, and it requires a large number of people.  All that together is just a recipe for failure.

The game probably made money so good for it, but it hasn't and likely won't make enough to justify a MAG2.

lol what better games are there? name 1 game that provides a MAG experience better than MAG,

MAG is a fucking great unique gaming expericence on PS3,should sell at least 1.2M sales by now,that's why I say fucking failure advertisement,shitty boxart(Go learn something from MW2 or BC2) and bad screenshots killed the sales,now may the game quality save the sales of MAG.

A 256 players FPS then advertise it like a 256 players FPS.

and that's what's wrong with casual gamers, if you played MAG you'd understand it's way more than just 256 players......

That's why I say always advertise your KEY FEATURE,that's fucking important.

you know that game that was released very close to it...what was the name of the game...ahhhh
Battlefield: Bad Company 2....yeah...that's all i have to say

I actually haven't played MAG for a while now, bought it, played for like a week, and forgot about it, not because it was bad, because I was bombarded with work and other games, but I got around to playing it again last night with the updates etc. and the new DLC, and my oh my, it actually felt better than the first time I played it, and there were more people online too o.O