By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else think the Metroid series deserves better sales?

webondd007 said:
"If a game doesn't sell well, it doesn't deserve better" really? lol quite a statement their.

I hate the whole idea that "X game deserves better." It has to earn its sales. The market desides what is quality and what is not. If thwe game doesn't sell well, then there was a reason that consumers didn't want to buy the game. If the company wishes for the game to sell better, it doesn't hope and dream but it goes and makes the game something the market will want. This is business. Most people in this thread are talking about some divine right that games deserve.

Around the Network

No. I love Metroid more than most other people, but the games sell in line with the level of their appeal. If they want more sales, they have to appeal to more people. That doesn't man a more appealing version would be better, but quality alone does not deserve sales.

Khuutra said:
No. I love Metroid more than most other people, but the games sell in line with the level of their appeal. If they want more sales, they have to appeal to more people. That doesn't man a more appealing version would be better, but quality alone does not deserve sales.

I hope Ninty burns and sells the franchise to Sony or MS. D: Then you will see it sell 3mil minimum. 

DaBuddahN said:
Khuutra said:

I hope Ninty burns and sells the franchise to Sony or MS. D: Then you will see it sell 3mil minimum. 

Maybe, but then it might not be as good, either.

Multiplayer in Echoes "lacked"? More liked it sucked balls.

EDIT: I realize I didn't contribute to the thread. Metroid really doesn't deserve better sales because it has never been a "mainstream" franchise. On top of that, the franchise disappeared for 8 years. You start to lose your fanbase after such a long time.

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
Khuutra said:

lol.  Yes, sell it to the one hit wonders, then it'll take off. ;)

Khuutra said:
DaBuddahN said:
Khuutra said:

Maybe, but then it might not be as good, either.

Looking at Sony first party titles, I think it could be pretty sweet. :P But, I am only dreaming. I just want Ninty to push this game franchise hard.

Snesboy said:

Multiplayer in Echoes "lacked"? More liked it sucked balls.

EDIT: I realize I didn't contribute to the thread. Metroid really doesn't deserve better sales because it has never been a "mainstream" franchise. On top of that, the franchise disappeared for 8 years. You start to lose your fanbase after such a long time.

*smack* You never contribute whenever I see you in a thread. D:

killeryoshis said:
Metroid Prime was hard and frustrating for me. That game is not for everyone
Metroid Prime 2 is much easier and more linear than the 1st one.

So try to pick why they don't sell. Metroid Prime sold for being a good exploration game. Metroid is the only other one that does that. Makes you wonder why Prime 2 & 3 didn't sell well?

Uhh, metroid prime was easy compared to metroid prime 2.

I think the Metroid series deserves another game for the DS

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash