By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else think the Metroid series deserves better sales?

I think Xenogears should have sold 10 million.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

The problem is it's stuck in the middle. If it had gone the pure FPS (or in the days before that was a genre, pure Contra-esque) route it could have acquired mainstream appeal, or if they had cultivated the adventure elements more, it could have at least doubled its sales potentially and matched Zelda. As it is it's just sort of stuck there

But that's Metroid, enigmatic and awesome.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Jumpin said:
Metroid Prime didn't sell well because it alienated a large portion of the fans who hate the idea of a first person shooter Metroid title. The bulk of first person shooter fans have an illogical hatred for Nintendo that is similar to KKK hate.

The whole "First Person Adventure" title is a load of BS from its fans to try and distinguish it from other FPS titles; but it has the same basic structure of Turok and other FPS titles. It's like when certain gamers say "I'm not a nerd, I'm ****ing hardcore!!!!!!".

I'm sorry, but Metroid Prime is the second best selling Metroid game. :(

LAwl at the amount of judgement without looking at it in E3. You guys are just too much. The game is designed to capture wide audience as much as possible. It will sell 3 million or more. I put money on it.

cura said:
make it multiplatform. that'l do it.

Other M 3DS?  Genius! ;)

Around the Network

Oh, and if it's handled right, Other M could pass 3m imo. There's a lot of variables in play there, though it should be the first console Metroid to sell decently in Japan in quite awhile at least...

Metroid Prime was hard and frustrating for me. That game is not for everyone
Metroid Prime 2 is much easier and more linear than the 1st one.

So try to pick why they don't sell. Metroid Prime sold for being a good exploration game. Metroid is the only other one that does that. Makes you wonder why Prime 2 & 3 didn't sell well?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

It's obvious that Nintendo is re-branding it so it sells more. And making it 2.5 D (sort of) does make it far more mainstream. It also looks more action-packed.

I'm thinking 3 million sales for Other M.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I hate when people say a game "deserves," sales. It doesn't deserve anything. It's own design will determine it's sales, and if it doesn't do well the company will have to deal with it, change it or give up on it.

This is business people, not fantasy land. If a game doesn't sell well, it doesn't deserve better. The market says what it will get and that's that.

"If a game doesn't sell well, it doesn't deserve better" really? lol quite a statement their.