By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 4 : HD to hit the PS3 (Move title)???

Nope. Wii version I already own and its a great game regardless if its in HD or not. In fact, I don't see how a game built for the gamecube, upscaled (beyond what my TV already does for Wii games) will be any better.

Around the Network

I let my sister's boyfriend borrow RE4 for the ps2 and a couple months later they broke up and he still has it,so a buy for me RE4 IMO was waayyyy better then RE5

superchunk said:
Nope. Wii version I already own and its a great game regardless if its in HD or not. In fact, I don't see how a game built for the gamecube, upscaled (beyond what my TV already does for Wii games) will be any better.

more accurate controls

mM

I have never played RE:4 as i owned xbox last gen ,,,but RE5 was awesome imo,,,so this is an instant buy for me

I have never played RE:4 I owned a gamecube, but never liked RE, but RE5 was awsome imo.. so this is a buy for me

mM
Around the Network

couldn't they use RE 5 engine for RE4 HD???that would requite re-writing codes i guess which is time costly.

leo-j said:
superchunk said:

more accurate controls

Move is more accurate in motion detection than wiimote alone (i.e. without WM+), however RE4's use of motion was very simple. Its the IR detection that was fantastic and Move is at most equal to wiimote in that arena. So, no. Still no reason to buy.

If I can play it without move, I'm so sold. Still will try it with move if the option's there, though. I don't have my PS2 version anymore and both my PC's suck ass... won't be getting a new laptop till summer...

4 ≈ One

leo-j said:
I have never played RE:4 I owned a gamecube, but never liked RE, but RE5 was awsome imo.. so this is a buy for me

SpartanFX said:
couldn't they use RE 5 engine for RE4 HD???that would requite re-writing codes i guess which is time costly.

Chances are they are using a different engine since the RE4 engine most likely isn't cross-platform with PS3. Even if they do use a new engine, that just means it will run better. Better visuals would require new assets which = more money and pretty much rebuilding the game.

4 ≈ One