By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 4 : HD to hit the PS3 (Move title)???

Wagram said:
I must be the only person who thinks RE4 wasn't that great. Was alright, but nothing people make it out to be.

Must be haha. 

No there is actually a lot of people who think that, mainly old school RE fans (although I don't know why because all of the old ones were essentially broken gameplay wise).  But I know of quite a few who thought it was good but not amazing.  Me, well as you can tell by the avatar, is one of my favorite games of all time.  Really I think it was one of the most revolutionary games of the last generation, as a lot of the techniques it used (cinematic action story telling, interactive cutscenes, 3rd person over the shoulder{though not the first but what they imitate}, etc.) really has changed how the industry makes games for better or worse in some cases. 

Around the Network

NO! RE4 is fine! Remake 0 - 3 with the RE5 engine and re-release those Capcom!

Wagram said:
I must be the only person who thinks RE4 wasn't that great. Was alright, but nothing people make it out to be.

Im with you on this one.  I still liked it better than RE5 tho.

Hell fucking yeah. I'll buy a MOVE just for this game.

superchunk said:
Nope. Wii version I already own and its a great game regardless if its in HD or not. In fact, I don't see how a game built for the gamecube, upscaled (beyond what my TV already does for Wii games) will be any better.

i'd assume that an HD remake would be like the GoW colletion remake which improved textures or whatever.  I'm not really a tech guy so don't ask me to tell you anything other then the final result was a huge improvement.

OT - i bought RE4 for the wii and never played it.  i won't be making that mistake again.

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
Dgc1808 said:
SpartanFX said:
couldn't they use RE 5 engine for RE4 HD???that would requite re-writing codes i guess which is time costly.

Chances are they are using a different engine since the RE4 engine most likely isn't cross-platform with PS3. Even if they do use a new engine, that just means it will run better. Better visuals would require new assets which = more money and pretty much rebuilding the game.

since RE4 was on PC too, theres already a HD version of the game... just port it to PS3 in 720p or/and 1080p...

RE4 is terrible on PC. Looks like the PS2 version and the resolution doesn't go very high.

The wii version's controls were simply amazing and perfect imo. So I guess if it was the same with HD that would be cool but I won't be buying it ;)

Still a good early launch release and easy cash in as well. They know that the newer REs suck so why not go back to the good ones.

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

Lurker said:
sergiodaly said:
Dgc1808 said:
SpartanFX said:
couldn't they use RE 5 engine for RE4 HD???that would requite re-writing codes i guess which is time costly.

Chances are they are using a different engine since the RE4 engine most likely isn't cross-platform with PS3. Even if they do use a new engine, that just means it will run better. Better visuals would require new assets which = more money and pretty much rebuilding the game.

since RE4 was on PC too, theres already a HD version of the game... just port it to PS3 in 720p or/and 1080p...

RE4 is terrible on PC. Looks like the PS2 version and the resolution doesn't go very high.

well i thought that the PC version was better... but just found out that is just a bad ps2 port... like commonman said... remake 0-3... and just retouch 4 and release it with Move support...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Garnett said:
Remakestation 3?

I mean fucking hell. Leave last gen games alone and if people wanted to play them then they would buy a last gen system. They need to focus on this gen games not games that came out 4+ years ago.

Totally disagree with you. If I can have an enhanced experience of great games that I played back in the day and loved and that makes me once again to return to them and enjoy them once more in these days full of great games saturation, I say fuck yeah! It isn't like they aren't focusing in new games, they can create new games and do this make-up modifications to old games. I so want Shadow of the Colossus and Ico remastered with trophies.

I hope they do this with RE4. I just wish that there is an option of playing the game without the Move. :)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

RE4 was the best RE by far. RE5 was shit. RE2 was the second best one of course.