By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter Responds! Thoughts on the Wii Vitality Sensor

People here are talking about the Wii VS in the same way they talk about the 3DS (as if they all ready saw it in action) ...that is very lame , dudes just wait and see E3 starts at July 15th , than after Nintendo press conference will may be able to say that sucks

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

This ought to turn out great. I remember all the guys just like him saying how awfully stupid, dumb, and unnecessary the Wii Remote and Balance Board looked and how they'd never succeed. XD They just *want* to see Nintendo fail, for some unfathomable reason they seem to feel extremely threatened by the big N.

Yeah, i remember that xD too bad Nintendo will always be in the market for a loooooooong time, thanks to nintendo fans like us who will always be with them, and buy their amazing products <3 Nintendo

Pachter said Nintendo would sell 3-4 million Wii fits! And he thought that was good.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178330

Gabe Newell saying that Biometrics are the future of gaming.

Which means that Nintendo may be on to something.

Ironically, looking at the pix of Pacther, he appears to be much more of the Wii market (older) than a PS3 or Xbox 360 market.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think some clever developers could come up with some really cool features in games using the Vitality Sensor. Even EA trys to replicate something similar in the Tiger Woods golf game with the increased heart rate sound through the speakers when you are stepping up to make a big shot.

Imagine a FPS like Modern Warfare when you are defending your position, things are getting tough, your heart beat increases and the game reacts based on this. It could get more intense and throw more enemies at you to try and break you, your reflex speed could dull or maybe be sharper, if you keep the heart rate up too long you could tire out and slow down.

Only problem is fat gamers with a high resting heart rate could be screwed. Another reason for them to go and buy Wii Fit I guess.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network

People need to see Pachter for what he is. a guy with an opinion, not some kinda of HD fnaboy or nintendo troll which is just rediculous

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
People need to see Pachter for what he is. a guy with an opinion, not some kinda of HD fnaboy or nintendo troll which is just rediculous

I'm a guy with an opinion, Pachter is a highly paid industry analyst. You would have thought that with his track record he would have been fired by now.

When he doesn't say something completly obvious, is always the complete opposite that happens of what he says. In other words, VS shall be HUGE.

Above: still the best game of the year.

I think the Vitality Sensor is big. Too big to effectively use in general gaming. The Sensor should work just by holding the Wii Remote. Which would mean a new type of Wiimote. Otherwise I just don't see it working so well outside a game or two that Nintendo makes.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

lvader said:
woopah said:

I'm a guy with an opinion, Pachter is a highly paid industry analyst. You would have thought that with his track record he would have been fired by now.

Thats exactly the misconception i'm trying to get rid of. Pachter is a STOCK analyst. he is paid to predict and advise investment comapnies into what video game company stocks to invest in. He is not paid to send emails to internet blogs and im pretty sure he isn't paid to appear on game trailers either. As you said, you are a guy with an opinion, so is Pachter and so am I. he doesnt have any more knowledge about the VS than we do so we can take his prediction for what it is, the thoughts of a guy who knows a lot about the industry. but then so do a lot of forum goers.  We need to get rid of the whole 'why are people paying him to say stuff that I already know' because they arn't and 'pachter is a HD fanboy/wii troll' because he isn't

As an intelligent and knowledgeable guy I can respect his opinion without having to agree with him. I believe that whilst it does look kinda weird judgement is best reserved until we see compatible software.  I think the claims of some people VS will automatically push hardware because 'its from nintendo' are just as stupid as dismissing the device out of hand

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia