By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - yay the conduit 2 is coming to wii

killeryoshis said:
Wyrdness said:
According to Go Nintendo it's out this Fall.

oh no they are trying to copy call of duty by releaseing a game every year.
Its going to be bad -_-

If it's indeed out this year that may be a big mistake... Even if they started work right after The Conduit went gold, it should have taken them more time to create a new and more expansive story with quality levels, fix everything that was wrong with the previous version, add all the new features they want to the new version, and get them done right.

Though I hope to be proven wrong, since some of these features were probably ready for The Conduit, just not polished enough in time to be added to the first one (The Conduit was supposed to have local split screen multiplayer initially but that aspect got canceled at some point).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
killeryoshis said:
Wyrdness said:

Its going to be bad -_-

If it's indeed out this year that will be a big mistake... Even if they started work right after The Conduit went gold, it should have taken them more time to create a new and more expansive story with quality levels, fix everything that was wrong with the previous version, add all the new features they want to the new version, and get them done right.

Did you know the first game had a year and a half dev cycle, too? With lots of existing ground work and recyclable assets, I'm pretty sure they can make a solid improvement in another 18 months.

Those expecting a super-polished, "AAA" experience will be disappointed once again, though. HVS can't afford to commit to that level of investment.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Hopefully it turns out far better than the first one. Right now I'm leaning towards The Grinder rather than this, based on the track record of the first Conduit. But I'll have to wait and see which game gets better reception.

famousringo said:
bmmb1 said:
killeryoshis said:
Wyrdness said:

Its going to be bad -_-

If it's indeed out this year that will be a big mistake... Even if they started work right after The Conduit went gold, it should have taken them more time to create a new and more expansive story with quality levels, fix everything that was wrong with the previous version, add all the new features they want to the new version, and get them done right.

Did you know the first game had a year and a half dev cycle, too? With lots of existing ground work and recyclable assets, I'm pretty sure they can make a solid improvement in another 18 months.

Those expecting a super-polished, "AAA" experience will be disappointed once again, though. HVS can't afford to commit to that level of investment.

Well then that will cost them in sales, and even more so for The Grinder later on. While not everybody, I believe many people expect a Red Steel 1 -> Red Steel 2 improvement to justify a purchase of The Conduit 2.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
famousringo said:
bmmb1 said:
killeryoshis said:
Wyrdness said:

Its going to be bad -_-

Well then that will cost them in sales, and even more so for The Grinder later on. While not everybody, I believe many people expect a Red Steel 1 -> Red Steel 2 improvement to justify a purchase of The Conduit 2.

It was much easier for Ubisoft as a publisher to fund several years of Red Steel 2 development, because despite lukewarm critical reception, Red Steel 1 did sell a million units. The Conduit simply hasn't done well enough to justify that level of investment from HVS/Sega.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
famousringo said:
bmmb1 said:
killeryoshis said:
Wyrdness said:

Its going to be bad -_-

Not being "super polished AAA" is not the same as "won't be significantly better".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

a little more excited for this after reading all the new stuff and seeing the screens.

stof said:
CGI-Quality said:
I'm guessing the first one didn't do so bad after all! Nay sayers have been served it would seem. Glad to hear it, the first was very enjoyable!

Regardless of how the Conduit fared in regards to the Pub and Dev expectations, a sequel to a game is in no means an indication that the first one was successful. If you have a new IP that doesn't break even, it would still make a lot more sense to use your existing technology, concept and story, features and established fanbase to try and produce a second game with cheaper costs and higher recognition than to start all over again with a second new IP.

Hayes: "We actually regard The Conduit as a success. We shipped 300,000 units, sold through half of those and now it’s at the point where it’s selling consistently at a time when Wii sales are generally depressed in the marketplace. So what does that tell you? We still kind of don’t know."

Sounds OK to me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

"We actually regard The Conduit as a success. We shipped 300,000 units, sold through half of those and now it’s at the point where it’s selling consistently at a time when Wii sales are generally depressed in the marketplace. So what does that tell you? We still kind of don’t know."

And that was a couple months or less after launch, so the game has clearly made even more money by now. Although I can understand stof's point. It just doesn't apply here.

I remember loads of expensive looking games on the PS2 that sold a few hundred thousand, but they were still considered successes.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"We actually regard The Conduit as a success. We shipped 300,000 units, sold through half of those and now it’s at the point where it’s selling consistently at a time when Wii sales are generally depressed in the marketplace. So what does that tell you? We still kind of don’t know."

And that was a couple months or less after launch, so the game has clearly made even more money by now. Although I can understand stof's point. It just doesn't apply here.

I remember loads of expensive looking games on the PS2 that sold a few hundred thousand, but they were still considered successes.

It sold 160k after exactly one month (Others release came on the Americas 3rd week)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."