By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - yay the conduit 2 is coming to wii

BTW, *SPOILER ALERT* any of you seen 1776? Makes a funny image thinking of the bad guy being like that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

split screen ftw!

I may actually enjoy it this time.

I hope they keep the voice cast.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Bout time they got local multiplayer.

I think the first game seemed to create some kind of fanbase, they'll be pleased by this at least.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
I still allow the first game being lackluster due to lack of experience. It's rare for a developer to hit something new out of the park. They can't all be like Retro.

Retro also had Nintendo.

I'll take the "cautiously optimistic" road with this one. Given what happened with Conduit, I hope they will create in this game some sort of easy patching capability to fix things that will come up after the game's release (though this may be Nintendo dependent), specifically online issues. Or at least run an extensive online beta test or something.

And please, better online matchmaking and weapons voting system.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

CGI-Quality said:
I'm guessing the first one didn't do so bad after all! Nay sayers have been served it would seem. Glad to hear it, the first was very enjoyable!

Regardless of how the Conduit fared in regards to the Pub and Dev expectations, a sequel to a game is in no means an indication that the first one was successful. If you have a new IP that doesn't break even, it would still make a lot more sense to use your existing technology, concept and story, features and established fanbase to try and produce a second game with cheaper costs and higher recognition than to start all over again with a second new IP.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Atlantis?

Cool

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm counting on High Voltage to deliver big time on this one. I started to play the first one again and I know HVS will make the sequel much better.