By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Star Craft 2 Beta Thread

Starcraft II Beta first phase will be ending on May 31st, will be followed by several weeks of finetuning the software and optimizing for the hardware, prior to release the beta will go live for a little more (server testing?).

So 13 more days to go...

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
aragod said:
Starcraft II Beta first phase will be ending on May 31st, will be followed by several weeks of finetuning the software and optimizing for the hardware, prior to release the beta will go live for a little more (server testing?).

So 13 more days to go...

That's going to be a rough several weeks....

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

TruckOSaurus said:
darconi said:
So don't suppose anyone has an extra beta key left? I'm desperate to try it.

I bought every single blizzard non-expansion game and yet still nothing!

It's the last day of the GameStop pre-order bonus promotion. You still have a few hours left if you really want a key.

Hm, I was told amazon also supposedly had the beta bonus code so I purchase from them but...nothing so far.  Damn.  I try to avoid gamestop when I can.

anyone want a european key? i got 2, PM me

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Big Patch:

General

Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.
Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:
Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
Matchmaking system logic updated.
UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

PROTOSS
Sentry
Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.
Void Ray
Range decreased from 7 to 6.
Warp Gate
Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

TERRAN
Marine
Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

ZERG
Infestor
Infested Terran spell removed.
Frenzy spell added:
Costs 25 energy.
Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.
Overseer
Contaminate spell added:
Costs 75 energy.
Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.
Infested Terran spell added:
Costs 125 energy.
Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.
Ultralisk
Life decreased from 600 to 450.
Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).
Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Thoughts?

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Around the Network

Since patch 13 I can't run SCII on my desktop, so just on my laptop, which sucks for any serious ladder action. Seems like gfx card problem, blizzard hates nVidia it seems.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

After patch 13, I keep getting disconnected :(

Also, untralisks are still useless and WTF! Void ray didn't need nerfing and terran infantry was already too strong. It's like Blizzard wants noobs to just be able to go mass marauders when they play terran and protoss players having to micro their ass of just to survive.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

Also, untralisks are still useless and WTF! Void ray didn't need nerfing and terran infantry was already too strong. It's like Blizzard wants noobs to just be able to go mass marauders when they play terran and protoss players having to micro their ass of just to survive.

The net effect to Ultralisks appears to be a nerf sadly. The change to stim and combat shield isn't exactly a huge buff either. Its nice, but it isn't going to make them any deadlier. It will make a few timing pushes nastier but thats about it.

Void Rays absolutely needed a nerf. Against Terran they are simply too effective early on. The fact that it can pre-charge is the majority of the problem. Once its full up it melts the units that should counter it from Terran. I wanna play a few matches and see how it plays out now, but I have no desire to get disconnected every 5 seconds. Plus, with 4v4 out I am less interested in 1v1.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

KungKras said:

The changes to terran doesn't affect mass marauder in any way, stimpack is infantry requirement n1 so the difference in 50/50 won't even give you one extra marauder.

Ultralisk changes were made so that they can be used with Frenzy, which will make them unstopable killing force that can march through forcefields and destroy anything it catches. Can't be slowed, rooted, paralyzed...

Machina said:

edit - ignore this :/

Now I really wanna know!

Signature goes here!