By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Star Craft 2 Beta Thread

vlad321 said:
tube82 said:

by that logic a complete story always has to be in one part.

thats like saying harry potter 5 is a ripoff because you can't assume people will also watch harry potter 6.

ignoring the fact that there is way too much to be told to cram it all in one movie... or in this case game. of course it remains to be seen if Wings of Liberty really has as much, or even more, content  as Starcraft 1 or Warcraft 3 had. If it doesn't, I stand corrected.

But the thought of having the Warcraft 3 or the Starcraft 1 campaign three times as detailed and with 3 times the cutscenes for 3 times the price? YES PLEASE. ...of course thats only my opinion.

Having campaigns for all races was nice of course, but why is trying something else always bad right from the start?  i am sure the campaign in Wings of Liberty will be a lot more than just basic terran base building missions ;)

Except that all the Harry Potter books were a complete books in and of themselves. Starcraft is NOT complete with just Terran, there are two more races. It would be like reading The Goblet of Fire, and stopping where Harry's name gets picked out of a hat, then release volume 2 and stop it after the 2nd trial, and then a 3rd to finish it all. Even if it was all added up and it came out to the same price, it is still an incomplete sotry and just very shitty.

to me it's different. each harry potter book tells a complete sub-story of the grand plot of harry vs voldemort, thats where we agree. each book (or movie) can stand on its own.

But that is not different from the story in the blizzard campaigns. each races campaign in e.g. warcraft 3 tells a story that in itself is finished after the last mission. only all together form the complete story - but that is also the case with HP, Star Wars, LotR (well, IMO here the movies can't even really stand on themselves), etc.

If the one capmaign the focus is on is as long as other blizzard games i don't see an "incomplete game" or a "ripoff" or "not enough content".

i'm ok with "i prefer to play each race in campaign in the first game", but that has nothing to do with the phrases i just quoted.

@NunedQ

alright, i'll stop now :)

Around the Network
NunedQ said:

Guys, stay OT, threads about the beta...

man, i liked that rally points were  attack move, if you're being attacked it can be a disadvantage like this.

Well this is all within the purview of the thread as I envisioned it when I created it. In an odd twist it is actually the situation you describe that led to the change. Building up a force to properly counter rather than suicide one unit after another is apparently better in many situations. I haven't been in any of them, but I suck.

@Truck
I have wanted to put together a 4v4 team since they patched it in. Count me in so long as you don't want to get ultra competitive super fast. I like to just have fun, and if I get better as a result then so be it.

Well apparently the last patch of beta was patch 16, at least in terms of balance changes. I guess now is the time to weigh in on the balance of it all. I think the game is overall well balanced, but I don't like how it was done in some cases. Reapers are worthless after 5 minutes and that is just how it is. I can think of a couple other problems like countering Battlecruisers after a certain critical mass is hit, but since it works out in the end no major complaints.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Edit: This post didn't appear correctly

@gnizmo  I agree about reapers... BCs though... yes, they are unstoppable if you let someone get too many, but SC2 games seem to be much faster paced than SC1. You're not supposed to let someone get a fleet of BCs. If they're building BCs, that means you should be controlling the map with your more abundant forces, which will let you limit their expansions and keep them from getting their fleet finished.