By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My experience with Just dance, and looking at people play

kitler53 said:
consumers on the nintendo console are among the most intelligent consumers on the planet. only the very best efforts will be rewarded with sales from this extremely refined audience. just face it leo - the consumers have spoken, just dance is an amazing game.

Are you seriously calling games like Imagine Babyz and Carnival Games... "The very best efforts"?

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Video Game: n. An electronic or computerized game played by manipulating images on a video display or television screen.

What happens when you're not "waggling?" Honestly, it's like if it doesn't have an ending, an epic original soundtrack, high-end graphics, a story and/or realistic physics, it's not a game.

Think about The above the next time you call something not a game.

You obviously didn't read.. do you even understand what JUST DANCE is? Nothing you do reflects the game's results, I could be jumping of a cliff with a wii mote in my hand, and the game would asy "YOU WIN!" Honestly dude, read my thread.

mM
SmokedHostage said:
Video Game: n. An electronic or computerized game played by manipulating images on a video display or television screen.

What happens when you're not "waggling?" Honestly, it's like if it doesn't have an ending, an epic original soundtrack, high-end graphics, a story and/or realistic physics, it's not a game.

I don't remember Leo-J directly saying it's not a game (although I might have missed it).

And I also don't remember Leo-J claiming it has to have any of those things to be a game.

You don't see me posting random rants with no basis in the thread.

leo-j said:
SmokedHostage said:

You obviously didn't read.. do you even understand what JUST DANCE is? Nothing you do reflects the game's results, I could be jumping of a cliff with a wii mote in my hand, and the game would asy "YOU WIN!" Honestly dude, read my thread.

What about when you do nothing.. set the Wii remote down.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Leo-J

you have to realize that some people are just..... not as educated in certain stuff.

For example, a string of ball as a toy is just stupid, but to my cat, it's the day of her life.

Now, by no mean am I comparing women to cats. but one thing I do know, is that "Ignorance is Bliss"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Games4Fun said:
So What I get out of this thread is you do not like it. I also get that it has served its purpose in that people are having fun doing it.

No, you should read what I said..

I did and thats what I got out of it. If you mean the controls or lack there of again It has served its purpose in lots of people are having fun if you lose brain cells over that I can not help ya there. Would I buy it for me probably not, it is not really my thing. Would I buy it for my friends kid for x mas or a b-day if she wanted it in a heart beat. FUn is Fun no matter what anyone else thinks.

leo-j said:

So I went to best buy for another gaming experience with the wii!

I saw JUST DANCE, so I said, mhm the game that is about to outsell most god like ps3 experiences, I bet its good. So I played, guess what? Its the biggest piece of SHIT I have ever experienced =D

Guess what kid, we can use the same idea with any popular band, book or movie and it's going to be the same, chill out and enjoy watching how gaming goes mainstream. (well ... even more)

Carl2291 said:
kitler53 said:
consumers on the nintendo console are among the most intelligent consumers on the planet. only the very best efforts will be rewarded with sales from this extremely refined audience. just face it leo - the consumers have spoken, just dance is an amazing game.

Are you seriously calling games like Imagine Babyz and Carnival Games... "The very best efforts"?

Played either of them?

On topic - while I would generally agree with the majority in here in that the fact that the old ladies had fun meaning it is of course a good game for its target audience, it is pretty sloppy programming if you can not move and still get good feedback.

@kingofwale

Except a string of ball you can actually play with..

@soriku

Really soriku? How is the game i just said any different from just dance? You guys dont seem to understand that JUST DANCE records none of your movement.. only when the wii mote moves in any point it will say "GREAT!".

WII SPORTS is an actual casual experience, a great game to have fun with for 5 10 maybe 30 mins every now and then. Just dance is just "the game says dance" and you just dance randomly.. not even following anything on screen and that's it.

mM

I don't even know how you guys are defending this..

maybe it's because im not explaining the basics of the game right.. clearly.. my mind is acting strange at the moment.

mM