By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - High selling games that don´t deserve high sales, in your opinion.

CGI-Quality said:
dnnc said:
CGI-Quality said:
oldschoolfool said:
dany612 said:
Halo Reach, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto (all)....and especially modern warfare 2. Zelda ocarina of time, God of War 3, and GT series.

So basically you hate everything that's popular. Grand theft auto is one of the best series of games of all time.

Not to mention that Halo: Reach isn't even out yet and God of War III just came out.

well, technically the God of War series doesn't sell a lot. especially when you compare it to it's hype and status as a Playstation semi-mascot

so GOW does not belong on this list

Agreed. If anything, many PlayStation titles don't sell those uber numbers.

In Halo: Reach's case though, it's unfair for him to claim that it's overrated, which I'm sure you'd agree with.

not to defend Halo, but I wont knock on Reach until it's released ( just to be fair ), if wen released it feels the like halo 3 polished, then it can suck my balls till then I will save my comments

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Chairman-Mao said:
scottie said:
Chairman-Mao said:

10. Wii workout games, including Wii Fit - self explanatory

11. NSMBW - Isn't it just the DS version ported to the Wii? Damn anyone who bought it got taken for $50 (or whatever a wii game costs). I'm not saying its bad, don't get me wrong, but its an old port.

10 - Wii Fit has helped me with my aim of putting on a bit of weight, so Nintendo can have my money with a smile

11 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Please stop talking before you hurt yourself

Okay I haven't played NSMBW or the DS version so I'm just going off what I've heard, and I heard NSMBW is just a port of the DS version. Instead of laughing at me, correct me if I'm wrong. Because in my opinion a port of an older game doesn't deserve 13+ million in sales.

You must be visting Gametrailers too much..... The wii version has completely new designs and gameplay meathods in the game.
I would even go as far as say it won't be able to be done on the DS.

All right that's cool. I guess I was wrong about it then.

I would still keep it on my list though. I think it deserves good sales, but its not as deserving of 13 million as Super Mario Galaxy which looks like a better game.

HKN said:
PearlJam said:
HKN said:
MW2, not even in the top five FPS this gen.

Can you list your top five, just curious?

1. MAG

2. Killzone 2

3. COD 4

4. Resistance

5. Resistance 2

personal opinions are welcomed and respected, however your bias is to noticeable and broken since your top choice is an obvious dud

and don't use the whole 256 players at a time thingie cause no one actually cares about that, but nice try, E+ for effort. 

Just Dance.

darthdevidem01 said:
If a game sells huge there IS a reason for it so I can't say there are games that don't deserve it

Now there are games where I just don't know WHY they sell so mch, one of them being tetris which I have always found very dull & boring, the other being pac man.

ok! next you'll ask why did Mario Bros. sell so much. Tetris goes on the same list as Mario & Pong, being the first game that trully tested your wits. not to mention the fact that it came out of Communist Russia ( like Zangief-USSR ) also the only game that has never needed a format upgrade

Around the Network
ownageexpress said:

Did you honestly say lbp didn't deserve the sales it got? LBP is one of the most innovative games out there and deserved twice what it got. But sinse you don't own a ps3 you make the false assumption that it's a "kiddy" game.

LBP was a average platformer. Sure making the levels was fun, but if playing them after sucked then whats the point. Only reason there seems to be playstation fans in love with it is because there are no other playstation games that offer a similar experience that don't completly suck. Compared to nintendo platformers, LBP was plain boring. I wish i didn't believe the hype before i bought the game.

Sure it's God of War in HD but this is the third one not the 10th one.

Since you own only a Wii and a DS I can see why you would say lbp isn't innovative. There are some truly amazing things you can create in lbp look at this for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl8rkEDW2s&feature=related

Ω GOD OF WAR 3 Ω God of War 2 was better then the first one! *Waits for the flames*

Name a better nintendo platformer this gen. BTW LBP has a 95 metacritic.

Ω GOD OF WAR 3 Ω God of War 2 was better then the first one! *Waits for the flames*

Wii Music and Animal Crossing Wii, both mediocre efforts from Nintendo. I expect better from them.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Chairman-Mao said:
scottie said:
Chairman-Mao said:

10. Wii workout games, including Wii Fit - self explanatory

11. NSMBW - Isn't it just the DS version ported to the Wii? Damn anyone who bought it got taken for $50 (or whatever a wii game costs). I'm not saying its bad, don't get me wrong, but its an old port.

10 - Wii Fit has helped me with my aim of putting on a bit of weight, so Nintendo can have my money with a smile

11 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Please stop talking before you hurt yourself

I tried to insult all systems equally. I have no problem with workout games, they just aren't my thing. It seems like the activities are things you could do just as easily with no video game system and with no cost, ie pushups, crunches, running, etc. But congratulations for losing weight on it.

Okay I haven't played NSMBW or the DS version so I'm just going off what I've heard, and I heard NSMBW is just a port of the DS version. Instead of laughing at me, correct me if I'm wrong. Because in my opinion a port of an older game doesn't deserve 13+ million in sales.

I don't object to you not liking Wii Fit, I took exception to the "self explanatory" bit

What most people heard about NSMB:Wii was 1 article by some 3rd rate gaming site (IGN I think) stating that it was a port of the DS version, followed by constant denial from Nintendo developers/heads and laughter from Nintendo fans. That said, my response was a tad rude, so I'm sorry. NSMB Wii is a completely different game to the DS game.