By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - High selling games that don´t deserve high sales, in your opinion.

jesus kung fu magic said:

The J man is

Did I have any influence over this ? Or was it just coincidence.

Around the Network
indodude said:

The J man is

Did I have any influence over this ? Or was it just coincidence.

A little.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

All games deserve not to be thrashed cause they sold much. It is what it is. We can say what we think deserves to sell more

scottie said:
Chairman-Mao said:
scottie said:
Chairman-Mao said:

10. Wii workout games, including Wii Fit - self explanatory

11. NSMBW - Isn't it just the DS version ported to the Wii? Damn anyone who bought it got taken for $50 (or whatever a wii game costs). I'm not saying its bad, don't get me wrong, but its an old port.

10 - Wii Fit has helped me with my aim of putting on a bit of weight, so Nintendo can have my money with a smile

11 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Please stop talking before you hurt yourself

I tried to insult all systems equally. I have no problem with workout games, they just aren't my thing. It seems like the activities are things you could do just as easily with no video game system and with no cost, ie pushups, crunches, running, etc. But congratulations for losing weight on it.

Okay I haven't played NSMBW or the DS version so I'm just going off what I've heard, and I heard NSMBW is just a port of the DS version. Instead of laughing at me, correct me if I'm wrong. Because in my opinion a port of an older game doesn't deserve 13+ million in sales.

I don't object to you not liking Wii Fit, I took exception to the "self explanatory" bit

What most people heard about NSMB:Wii was 1 article by some 3rd rate gaming site (IGN I think) stating that it was a port of the DS version, followed by constant denial from Nintendo developers/heads and laughter from Nintendo fans. That said, my response was a tad rude, so I'm sorry. NSMB Wii is a completely different game to the DS game.

Yeah you're right, i should have expanded rather than just saying self explanatory. I know there's tons of people out there who use and love games like Wii Fit. I guess I was just speaking for "hardcore" (aka Halo/Call of Duty playing people) when I said self explanatory.

dnnc said:
Severance said:
dnnc said:
HKN said:
PearlJam said:
HKN said:
MW2, not even in the top five FPS this gen.

Can you list your top five, just curious?

1. MAG

2. Killzone 2

3. COD 4

4. Resistance

5. Resistance 2

personal opinions are welcomed and respected, however your bias is to noticeable and broken since your top choice is an obvious dud

and don't use the whole 256 players at a time thingie cause no one actually cares about that, but nice try, E+ for effort. 

You know a lot of people love MAG ? its really fun why is it a dud? graphics?

i'd personally switch KZ2 to first and remove CoD4.

it would be like this

1. KZ2 (best online FPS this gen, story mode is okay but wasn't very complex)

2. MAG (what it have above BC2 and Halo is the world and factions are always active , and it always changes the gameplay, plus lots of costumizations and the game is challenging)

3. Halo 3 ( the single player is the best out of these , and the multiplayer is fun, but very noob friendly )

4. BattleField Bad Company 2 ( EA Servers really suck, and the Single player mode is kinda fun, the multiplayer is a blast, but i already played BC1 so it got old fast)

5. Bioshock ( i am not a fan of this game the setting doesn't appeal to me -like Fallout 3 the old musicals and 60's american scifi thing- but its a fun game )

I give you 2 more months on MAG, as for Bioshock, pay more attention to the story.

Look up Ayn Rand (Andrew Ryan & Bioshock would not exist if not for Ayn Rand) and then play the game again

Give me 2 more months to what? to hate it ? why would you want me to ?

and as for Bioshock yes i know the story,but its not really saving the game though, the game was rather disappointing since i liked SystemShock the setting of that game is much more atmospheric and better.

what does Ayn Rand have to do with me liking the game?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

The J man is a firm believer of the saying "you reap what you sow" .

Every single sale a game gets is a deserved sale , whether the majority bought the game based on : marketing ,the developers making the game with a broader demographic in mind or through game reviews , it was a method that got the consumer to fork up some cash for whatever reason it may be.

You have to understand that this is a business and if a game sells gangbusters then that means said devs/publishers did whatever they had to do to get as much sales while on the other side , if a dev/publisher didnt sell what it expected to then they both didnt do enough to push their own game or didnt have a game that appealed to alot of people.

This thread should just be renamed " Games you dont like" because that is the only reason The J man can see someone saying a game doesnt "deserve" the sales it got.

And also as a response to toasts thread, nothing "deserves" more sales.

I don't agree with you at all. Why can't there be any game that did or did not deserve more sales? It just depends on what you're basing it on. I think if you compare two games based on quality and the experience it delivers, that it's fair to say that the game which scores better on these said points is the game that "deserves" more sales.

That doesn't mean a company didn't do a great job when their game, which for instance lacks quality and does not deliver a good experience, sold very well because of great PR and Marketing. In that case the company did a good job and marketing their game, but did NOT a good job making a high quality game that delivers a good experience.

Sure, if a game with great quality that delivers a great experience is a niche game, than i don't expect it to sell millions. BUT, in my opinion it still "deserves" more sales than a game that lacks quality and doesn't deliver a good experience, but did sell well because of good marketing.

Too bad, though, that most people in here just name the games they don't like, despite the quality and/or experience it delivers.

i forgut halo 3 odst didnt deserve its high numbers ( if we include teh beta its still a bit high)

anything with COD in the title.. its possibly the most generic fps of all time

The Halo series, the recent CoD too.

This gen:-
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Halo 3
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Wii Series
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Guitar Hero & Rock Band series