By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo rejects Hollywood

andremop said:
Movies need complex stories. Nintendo games don't have complex stories (thank god!).

So, that's why they wouldn't work as movies.

yeah movies are complex just look at Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

We have once and for all found indisputable evidence that there is a God watching over Nintendo.  To those who have rejected the idea of re-enacting this unholy matrimony, I salute you.  Now follow suit everybody else!

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

Cheebee said:
Gahh, a Miyazaki-made Zelda movie would be beyond epic. *.*'

That would also be known as the best movie ever.

snes boy is back!!!

Not surprising. Hollywood would enjoy pissing on Nintendo properties to make a cheap buck!

However if it was made by someone like Pixar or Studio Ghibli then I would be completely for it.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I don’t understand the desire to turn a book, comic-book, or videogame into a movie when (regardless of who is involved) the movie is always drastically inferior.

I agree about videogames - I don't understand the desire. But films based on comics and books are frequently excellent and sometimes superior. You can't knock them all!

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Honestly i think they would have better luck with a movie about Metroid, and not fucking mario. Just sayin....

Paperdiego said:
BoneArk said:
guiduc said:
I want to see an animated movie of Mario!

A CG Mario movie would be awesome as well.

PIXAR!

PIXAR + MARIO= PERFECTION!

BoneArk said:
Paperdiego said:
BoneArk said:
guiduc said:
I want to see an animated movie of Mario!

A CG Mario movie would be awesome as well.

PIXAR!

PIXAR + MARIO= PERFECTION!

You're silly. Pixar and Mario are both perfect already. You don't have to combine them for perfection...

Holywood is were great storys go to get Crucified, butchered and mutilated.